CCNP Security Course + Exam
CCNP Security Certification
Cisco Certified Network Professional Security validates advanced knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNP Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
The CCNP Security Certification course covers vast aspects of Security, from implementing Cisco Layer 2 security and Network Foundation Protection using the CLI to configuring Cisco IOS Firewalls to mitigate network threats, Cisco IOS-IPS to identify and mitigate threats to network resources, Cisco VPNs to provide secure connectivity for site-to-site and remote access, Cisco IOS Easy VPN Server with Dynamic Virtual Tunnel Interface (DVTI), Security Appliances for secured network connectivity, routing and switching on Security Appliances, Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting services, Layer 3 & 4 protocol inspection, secure connectivity using VPNs, active/standby and active/active failover features, and transparent firewall and virtual firewall features on a Security Appliance.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Authorised test centre: exams taken at our premises
- More hands-on: 6 weeks remote lab access included
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
CCNA knowledge and 12 months of network security experience
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
Ciscopress – Course Material
- Implement Cisco Layer 2 security
- Configure Cisco IOS Firewalls to mitigate network threats
- Configure Cisco IOS-IPS to identify and mitigate threats to network resources
- Configure Cisco VPNs to provide secure connectivity for site-to-site and remote access
- Configure Cisco IOS Easy VPN Server with Dynamic Virtual Tunnel Interface (DVTI)
- Implement Network Foundation Protection using the CLI
- Configure Security Appliances for secured network connectivity
- Configure and verify routing and switching on Security Appliances
- Configure and verify Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting services
- Configure and verify Layer 3 & 4 protocol inspection
- Configure and verify secure connectivity using VPNs
- Configure and verify active/standby and active/active failover features
- Configure transparent firewall and virtual firewall features on a Security Appliance
- Describe how Cisco IPS sensors are used to mitigate network security threats
- Install Cisco IPS sensors/modules and configure essential system parameters
- Describe Cisco IPS sensor advanced system parameters
- Tune Cisco IPS sensor advanced system parameters to optimize attack mitigation
- Analyze Cisco IPS sensor events to determine the appropriate response
- Upgrade and maintain Cisco IPS sensors
- Configure and verify NAT, dynamic routing, and switching on Security Appliances
- Configure and verify application layer protocol inspection and Modular Policy Framework for Security Appliances
- Configure and verify secure connectivity using IPsec VPNs
- Configure and verify secure connectivity using SSL VPNs
- Configure and verify AIP-SSM and CSC-SSM modules
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Network engineers
- System engineers
- Security professionals
- Cyber engineers
- Individuals seeking CCNP-Security, CCIE certification
- Choose Cisco IOS technologies to implement HLD
- Choose Cisco products to implement HLD
- Choose Cisco IOS features to implement HLD 2
- Integrate Cisco network security solutions with other security technologies
- Create and test initial Cisco IOS configurations for new devices/services
- Optimize Cisco IOS security infrastructure device performance
- Create complex network security rules to meet the security policy requirements
- Optimize security functions, rules, and configuration
- Configure & verify NAT to dynamically mitigate identified threats to the network
- Configure & verify IOS Zone Based Firewalls including advanced application inspections and URL filtering
- Configure & verify the IPS features to identify threats and dynamically block them from entering the network
- Maintain, update and tune IPS signatures
- Configure & verify IOS VPN features
- Configure & verify Layer 2 and Layer 3 security features
- Advanced Cisco IOS security software configuration fault finding and repairing
- Advanced Cisco routers and switches hardware fault finding and repairing
- Choose ASA Perimeter Security technologies/features to implement HLD based on given security requirements
- Choose the correct ASA model to implement HLD based on given performance requirements
- Create and test initial ASA appliance configurations using CLI
- Determine which ASA licenses will be required based on the given requirements
- Optimize ASA Perimeter Security features performance, functions, and configurations
- Create complex ASA security perimeter policies such as ACLs, NAT/PAT, L3/L4/L7 stateful inspections
- Perform initial setup on the AIP-SSM and CSC-SSM using CLI and/or ASDM
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot High Availability ASAs (A/S and A/A FO) operations using CLI and/or ASDM
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot static routing and dynamic routing protocols on the ASA using CLI and/or ASDM
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot ASA transparent firewall operations using CLI
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot management access/protocols on the ASA using CLI and/or ASDM
- Advanced ASA security perimeter configuration/software/hardware troubleshooting using CLI and/or ASD fault finding and repairing
“We have helped thousands achieve Cisco Certifications, let us help you”
– Murad Tanvir, Double CCIE #17081
Founder and CEO Logitrain
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock test is included in the full-time courses to assist with your preparation
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Don’t Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.