BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice Course + Exam
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice Certification
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice certification training course is focused on individuals who are already in a business analyst position/role. This course will develop a deeper understanding of business analysis and help apply its learnings in a business change environment. In this instructor-led certification training course, candidates will learn about a variety of business analysis techniques and how to apply them. The training course for Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice certification includes topics about strategic analysis techniques, performance management techniques, and analysis and modelling of business activities.
The Business Analysis practitioner certificate training course is suitable for people who are already working as Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Change Managers, and Project Managers.
Candidates learn and study skills to develop an understanding of analysing a business, identify potential solutions, analyse and model business activities, analyse stakeholder perspectives, and making a successful business case.
On passing this certification for Business Analysis, you will have the qualification required to do one of the four modules of the International Diploma in Business Analysis.
Our BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice certification course is offered at Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, and Perth, in-house and live online.
This certification is a key requirement for the following jobs:
- Business Analysts
- Business Managers
- Business Change Managers
- Project Managers and other IT Service Management related jobs
There are no pre-requisites for this course, however prior experience in Business Analysis is recommended.
Logitrain recommends attending the Business Analysis Foundation course before attending Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice.
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
- BAP18: BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
Course material for Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice included
- Rationale for Business Analysis
- Understanding the Strategic Context
- Understanding the Current Situation
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Analysing and Modelling Business Activities
- Identifying Potential Solutions
- Building the Business Case
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Business Analysts
- Business Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Change Managers
- Explain the role of the BA throughout the stages of the business change lifecycle
- Understand the scope of the BA role within the context of the range of analysis activities: strategic analysis and definition; business analysis; IT systems analysis
- Identify that there are three areas of competency for a BA: personal qualities, business knowledge and professional techniques
- Apply the MOST technique to analyse the internal environment of an organisation
- Apply the resource audit technique to analyse the internal environment of an organisation
- Apply the PESTLE technique to analyse the external environment of an organisation
- Apply Porter’s Five Forces technique to analyse the external environment of an organisation
- Explain the purpose of a SWOT analysis
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for a given scenario
- Define and explain the relationship between the Critical Success Factor, Key Performance Indicator, and Performance Target
- Define the elements of the balanced business scorecard and describe how it may be used to identify critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Identify the generic stakeholder categories defined in the stakeholder wheel
- Identify relevant investigation techniques for a given scenario, including: Interviews, Workshops, Observation, Document analysis, Scenario analysis, Surveys or questionnaires
- Explain the rationale for taking a holistic view when investigating a business situation
- Interpret the business situation represented in rich pictures, mind maps and fishbone diagrams
- In a given scenario, describe stakeholders in terms of their power/influence and level of interest
- Select an appropriate stakeholder management strategy based on the position on the Power/Interest Grid
- Apply the CATWOE technique to explore stakeholder business perspectives
- Explain different stakeholder business perspectives based on elements of CATWOE to identify similarities and differences in their worldviews
- Explain the rationale for building conceptual models of a business situation
- Understand how to construct a conceptual business activity model, based on a given scenario
- Show understanding of how the five types of high-level activity within a business activity model (and the dependencies between them) represent a stakeholder’s business perspective
- Explain the role of the planning activities in determining performance targets for a business system represented in the business activity model
- Explain the role of the enabling activities, in acquiring and replenishing resources for a business system represented in the business activity model
- Explain the role of the doing activities in conducting the work of the transformation, as defined in the stakeholder’s CATWOE
- Explain the role of monitoring and control activities, in regulating a business system represented in the business activity model
- Explain the three types of business events: External, Internal, and Time based
- In a given business activity model, identify the business events that will be handled by a particular business activity
- Explain the rationale for the consensus business activity model
- In a given business scenario, distinguish between the different categories of business rule: External constraints, Internal policies, Internal procedures
- Describe the process for carrying out gap analysis, through comparison of the conceptual business activity model and existing business situation
- Define the components of a new business model: Process, Organisation, People, Information, Technology
- Explain the rationale for the development of a business case
- Describe the contents of a business case, including: Background description, Options and their descriptions, Costs, Benefits, Cost/benefit analysis using investment appraisal techniques, Risks, Impacts, Recommendations – the preferred option
- Interpret a scenario in order to identify the Tangible and intangible costs, Tangible and intangible benefits, Risks, and Impacts
- Understand the rationale for the development of the financial case and the following appraisal techniques: Payback, Discounted cash flow, and Internal rate of return
- Explain where a business case sits within the business change lifecycle and the rationale for reviewing it at each stage
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.