Microsoft 20461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server Course + Exam Details
Microsoft 20461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server Certification
This 3-day instructor-led course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence.
The main purpose of the course is to prepare people for the exam “70-461: Writing Queries Using Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 Transact-SQL.” This exam will be the underlying exam for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. As such, the primary target audience for this course is Database Administrators, Database Developers and BI professionals.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Authorised test centre: exams taken at our premises
- More hands-on: 6 weeks remote lab access included
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
- Describe the basic architecture and concepts of Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Transact-SQL and other computer languages.
- Write SELECT queries
- Query multiple tables
- Sort and filter data
- Describe the use of data types in SQL Server
- Modify data using Transact-SQL
- Use built-in functions
- Group and aggregate data
- Use subqueries
- Use table expressions
- Use set operators
- Use window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
- Implement pivoting and grouping sets
- Execute stored procedures
- Program with T-SQL
- Implement error handling
- Implement transactions
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- The Basic Architecture of SQL Server
- SQL Server Editions and Versions
- Getting Started with SQL Server Management Studio
Writing SELECT Queries
- Introducing T-SQL
- Understanding Sets
- Understanding Predicate Logic
- Understanding the Logical Order of Operations in SELECT statements
Querying Multiple Tables
- Writing Simple SELECT Statements
- Eliminate Duplicates with DISTINCT
- Using Column and Table Aliases
- Write Simple CASE Expressions
Sorting and Filtering Data
- Understanding Joins
- Querying with Inner Joins
- Querying with Outer Joins
- Querying with Cross Joins and Self Joins
Working with SQL Server 2014 Data Types
- Sorting Data
- Filtering Data with Predicates
- Filtering with the TOP and OFFSET-FETCH
- Working with Unknown Values
Using DML to Modify Data
- Introducing SQL Server 2014 Data Types
- Working with Character Data
- Working with Date and Time Data
Using Built-In Functions
- Inserting Data
- Modifying and Deleting Data
Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Writing Queries with Built-In Functions
- Using Conversion Functions
- Using Logical Functions
- Using Functions to Work with NULL
- Using Aggregate Functions
- Using the GROUP BY Clause
- Filtering Groups with HAVING
Using Table Expressions
- Writing Self-Contained Subqueries
- Writing Correlated Subqueries
- Using the EXISTS Predicate with Subqueries
Using Set Operators
- Using Views
- Using Inline Table-Valued Functions
- Using Derived Tables
- Using Common Table Expressions
Using Window Ranking, Offset, and Aggregate Functions
- Writing Queries with the UNION Operator
- Using EXCEPT and INTERSECT
- Using APPLY
Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Creating Windows with OVER
- Exploring Window Functions
Querying data with Stored Procedures
- Writing Queries with PIVOT and UNPIVOT
- Working with Grouping Sets
Programming with T-SQL
- Writing Queries with PIVOT and UNPIVOT
- Passing Parameters to Stored Procedures
- Creating Simple Stored Procedures
- Working with Dynamic SQL
Implementing Error Handling
- T-SQL Programming Elements
- Controlling Program Flow
- Using TRY / CATCH Blocks
- Working with Error Information
Appendix 1: Improving Query Performance
- Transactions and the Database Engine
- Controlling Transactions
Appendix 2: Querying SQL Server Metadata
- Factors in Query Performance
- Displaying Query Performance Data
- Querying System Catalog Views and Functions
- Executing System Stored Procedures
- Querying Dynamic Management Objects
Extensive labs are performed during the course.
Microsoft 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 20411 Administering Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 20412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Microsoft 20413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
Microsoft 20414 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Microsoft 20415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
Microsoft 20416 Implementing Desktop Application Environments
Microsoft 10969 Active Directory Services with Windows Server
Microsoft 20461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft 20462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.