Microsoft 20410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Course Details
Microsoft 20410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Certification
Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 in this three-days Microsoft Course. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
Once all three courses have been undertaken 20410, 20411 and 20412 and the relevant exams passed 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412 the candidate will attain the highly respected Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 2012 R2 certification.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Authorised test centre: exams taken at our premises
- More hands-on: 6 weeks remote access included
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012
- Describe Active Directory Directory Services
- Manage Active Directory objects
- Automate Active Directory administration
- Implement IP version 4
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS)
- Implement IPversion 6
- Implement local storage
- Implement file and print services
- Implement Group Policy
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Overview
- Installing Windows Server 2012 R2
- Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012 R2
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 R2 Management
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Computer Accounts
- Delegating Administration
- Using Command-line Tools for AD DS Administration
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS Administration
- Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
- Overview of TCP/IP
- Understanding IPv4 Addressing
- Subnetting and Supernetting
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
- Installing a DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
- Name Resolution for Windows Clients and Servers
- Installing a DNS Server
- Managing DNS Zones
- Overview of IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- Coexistence with IPv4
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Overview of Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Storage Spaces
- Securing Files and Folders
- Protecting Shared Files and Folders by Using Shadow Copies
- Configuring Work Folders
- Configuring Network Printing
- Overview of Group Policy
- Group Policy Processing
- Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
- Windows Operating Systems Security Overview
- Configuring Security Settings
- Restricting Software
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
Microsoft 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 20411 Administering Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 20412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Microsoft 20413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
Microsoft 20414 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Microsoft 20415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
Microsoft 20416 Implementing Desktop Application Environments
Microsoft 10969 Active Directory Services with Windows Server
Microsoft 20461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft 20462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.