- Why should I do CompTIA Security+ certification?
CompTIA Security+ certification is an internationally recognised certification for validating the specific skills required to perform core security functions and to develop an IT security career. CompTIA Security+ complies with ISO 17024 standards which are authorised by the U.S. Department of Defence (DOD) to satisfy the criteria. This certification validates your knowledge for an entry-level network and computer security job.
- Is a CompTIA Security+ certification needed for the Cybersecurity field?
The CompTIA Security+ certification is ideal for entering the cybersecurity field. This certification outlines the necessary skills required for entry-level positions in cybersecurity. Moreover, it provides a platform for an intermediate-level cybersecurity career.
- How long does it take to get the CompTIA Security+ certification?
The Logitrain instructor-led CompTIA Security+ certification course is five days. Normally participants spend one to two weeks of additional study.
- Which certification is better to get an entry into the computer security job market, CompTIA Security or CCNA Security?
CompTIA Security+ is considered a more real-world practical certification. CompTIA Security+ certification is a vendor-neutral. It is an entry-level certificate within the field of IT security. You will gain hands-on experience in IT security. Besides, you get knowledge of network security, security for the server, physical security and access control.
CCNA Security certification provided knowledge related to Cisco devices. You learn details about Cisco network security and how to work with security protocols. The CCNA Security certification has expired and is no longer offered. Compared to
- Is it worth getting CompTIA Security+ certification?
The CompTIA Security+ certification is valuable because it offers a fundamental understanding of network security. CompTIA Security+ Certification ensures that you have knowledge such as identifying security threats and responding effectively.
- How important is the CompTIA Security+ certification?
CompTIA Security+ certification enhances your understanding of computer security technology, particularly IT security and threats.
- Do I need the experience to pass the CompTIA Security+ certification?
No, you do not need the experience to pass CompTIA Security+ certification. However, prior computer security knowledge and real-world experience is helpful.
- What is the purpose of the CompTIA Security+ exam?
The CompTIA Security+ exam certifies you you have knowledge and skills in securing networks and devices, threat analysis, different mitigation techniques, manage policies. You will learn about confidentiality, integrity, and availability of networks.
- What is the pre-requisites for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam?
There are no pre-requisites for CompTIA Security+ certification. However, two years of experience working in networking, or CompTIA Network+ certification is beneficial.
- Does CompTIA Security+ certification mean anything?
CompTIA Security+ certification builds a path for various security jobs. CompTIA Security+ certification provides a fundamental understanding of network security.
- Is CompTIA Security+ hard?
CompTIA Security + Certification is not an easy certification test as it covers comprehensive computer security topics. This certification requires learning the core aspects of CompTIA Security+ and understanding topics through hands-on practice.
- Can I take CompTIA Security+ before CompTIA Network+?
Yes, you can take an exam, but CompTIA recommends doing a CompTIA Network+ certification course and then moving on to CompTIA Security+.
- What does CompTIA Security+ certification course cover?
CompTIA Security+ certification course covers assessing the security posture, monitoring and securing hybrid environments, managing with awareness, identifying, analysing, and responding to security incidents.
- Can I take the CompTIA Security+ certification exam without a degree or experience?
CompTIA Security+ certification is a foundation certification. You can build a career path in computer security using CompTIA Security+ certification without any experience or college degree. However, we recommend having at least two years of work experience in an IT administration, computer security or CompTIA Network+ certification.
- How does CompTIA Security+ certification help to build a future in the IT field?
CompTIA Security+ certification adds to the value to the professional as it strengthens your computer security abilities.
- What jobs will be needed in the future?
According to Mary Kyle (2019), “IT security is expected to grow 28 per cent between 2016 and 2026, making this field an attractive career option”.
- What is the salary range of a CompTIA Security+ certified professional in Australia?
Computer security professional salaries are on the up. The salary depends on a professional’s work experience and region.
- Is CompTIA Security+ respected?
CompTIA Security+ certification is globally accepted. An IT degree is not required for achieving this certification.
- Do you deliver CompTIA Security+ training in my region?
Yes, Logitrain offers CompTIA Security+ certification training courses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, New Zealand, and live online.
- Are the trainers of the CompTIA Security+ certification skilled?
Yes, we have expert trainers for the CompTIA Security+ certifications training course, they have been delivering training for years.
- How long is the CompTIA Security+ certification valid?
CompTIA Security+ certification is valid for three years from the date of passing the exam.
- How can you recertify CompTIA Security+ certification?
To renew the CompTIA Security+ certification, you can participate in various events and training programs or achieve a higher-level CompTIA certification or pass the CompTIA Security+ exam again.
- Does the CompTIA Security+ course include exam fees and resources for the exam?
Yes, the CompTIA Security+ certification training course at Logitrain includes instructor-led, hands-on training, course material, official certification exam fees and practise questions.
- Who will take the CompTIA Security+ exam and provide the certification?
CompTIA Security+ certification can be attempted at Logitrain which is an authorised Pearson VUE Test Centre.
- How will long CompTIA Security+ exam take?
The CompTIA Security+ certification exam is usually 90 minutes long. You may be eligible for extra time if English is not your first language.
- After finishing my training course, how long do I have time to take an exam with preparation?
After completing a training course, you have 3 months time frame to prepare and attempt the exam at our testing centre.
- How much do CompTIA Security+ exams cost?
At the time of writing the CompTIA Security+, the exam cost is AUD 500.
- How much is the training cost for CompTIA Security+?
Depending on the course delivery method and training facility, the course price varies. For the latest price and schedule, please visit https://www.logitrain.com.au/courses/comptia/securityplus.html
- What kind of job can I get with CompTIA Security+?
CompTIA Security+ certification can help kick-start a career in computer security. Typical job roles with experience and certification may include Security Engineer, Project Manager, Product Support Specialist, Cyber Security Operations Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer or Systems Administrator.
- What is the CompTIA Security+ exam code?
At the time of writing, the CompTIA Security+ certification exam code is SY0-601.
- How many questions are in the CompTIA Security+ exam?
CompTIA Network+ exam questions vary, there are approximately 90 questions in the exam. These can change at any time.
- What is the passing score for the CompTIA Security+ exam?
The passing score for the CompTIA Security+ exam is approximately 750 (on a scale of 100-900).
- How many languages are available for the CompTIA Security+ exam?
CompTIA Security+ exam is available in English and Japanese.
- What type of questions can be asked in the CompTIA Security+ certification?
In CompTIA Security+ certification exam has different types of multiple-choice questions and performance-based questions.
- How many times can you take the CompTIA Security+ exam?
CompTIA does not require a waiting period on the first and second attempts for the CompTIA Security+ exam. However, prior to your third attempt, you need to wait at least fourteen days from the date of your last examination attempt.
If you are looking to join the CompTIA Security+ training course, contact Logitrain on 1800 159 151 for high-quality cost-effective training.
If your question was not answered, please contact us and we will assist.
The questions and answers are provided as a guide, neither Logitrain Pty Ltd nor the author takes any responsibility for the accuracy.