P3O® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices®) Foundation and Practitioner Course
P3O® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices®) Foundation and Practitioner Certification
The Programme and Project Offices® Foundation and Practitioner training course provides an exceptional fast pathway for learners and students to incorporate principles and techniques that facilitates the knowledge of a generalised P3O model. This training course helps to achieve the knowledge and understanding required to design, implement, manage or work within any component office of a P3O model.
The Programme and Projects offices Foundation exam is the entry exam. The practitioner level exam is the next accreditation level. Successful P3O candidates will have the understanding and enough knowledge of the guidance of Programme and Project offices and will be able to interact effectively with or act as a well-versed member within the P3O office. Logitrain provides the best Programme and project offices Foundation and Practitioner training course with the support of its experienced trainers.
In the Programme and Projects Offices Foundation and Practitioner certification training course, the participants will learn what is P3O, Models and Tailoring, Operating P3O, implementing and re-energising and roles related to Programme and Projects Office and more.
This certification is a key requirement for the following jobs:
- Project Board members
- Team Managers
- Business Change Analysts
- Project and Programme Office personnel
- Operational line managers / staff
There are no pre-requisites for the Programme and Projects Office Foundation exam.
To attempt the P3O Practitioner Certification exam, it is essential for an applicant to have:
- P3O Foundation Certification
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
- Portfolio Programme Project Offices® – P3O Foundation (Exam included)
- Portfolio Programme Project Offices® – P3O Practitioner
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
P3O Foundation and Practitioner course material included
- Know facts, terms and concepts relating to the Introduction, the principles of a P3O® model and its elements
- Know facts, terms and concepts relating to the business justification for implementing a P3O®
- Know facts, terms and concepts relating to selecting the right P3O® model and its functions and services
- Know facts, terms and concepts relating to the processes to implement and re-energize a P3O®
- Know facts, terms and concepts relating to operating a P3O®, including the use of tools and techniques
- Understand key concepts relating to the Overview, Principles of a P3O model and its elements including the Introduction to Programme and Project Office
- Understand key concepts relating to the justification for implementing a P3O
- Be able to identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate use of key concepts relating to the justification for implementing a P3O within a given scenario
- Understand key concepts relating to the roles and responsibilities in a P3O model
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Members of offices within a P3O® model or anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning P3O®
- Key PPM definitions
- What is P3O?
- Key concepts of a P3O
- The organisational context of P3O
- How a P3O provides a decision-enabling/delivery support model and how each P3O model element helps to deliver change
- How P3O can help an organisation deliver its strategy and add value, including its role in supporting and enabling business change governance
- The Best Management Practice principles for extracting value from programme and project management and how a P3O model can help deliver them
- How to recognize stakeholders and the typical requirements of different stakeholders
- The P3O Value Matrix and how it can be used to identify stakeholder needs
- How to recognize the problem to be solved by establishing the P3Oand the analysis of recent issues and reviews
- The use of P3M3 assessments to identify key P3O functions
- The role of the outline Vision Statement and initial Blueprint in defining how the P3O will add value
- The purpose, typical contents and approach to developing the P3O Business Case
- How a P3O can help deliver change and add value to an organisation
- How to get investment for the P3O
- Appropriate approaches to planning the implementation of a P3O as a project or business change programme
- How to demonstrate the value of a P3O
- The value of a P3O has been demonstrated appropriately
- The three different functional areas in which the P3O can provide services
- The different strategic planning or portfolio support functions offered within a P3O
- The different delivery support functions offered within a P3O
- The different centre of excellence (COE) functions or services offered within a P3O
- The reasons for and key considerations of distributed models
- Independent P3O assurance services and how they can be delivered
- P3O models
- Functions and services which the P3O model should provide, based on its structure and the maturity of the organisation, including governance, assurance and information assurance functions and how they should integrate with the wider organisation
- Sizing of a P3O for a permanent or temporary office
- P3O structures selected are appropriate
- Whether the P3O functions and services selected are appropriate based on its structure and the maturity of the organisation,
- Whether the resourcing of a P3O model, based on information in a sizing model, is appropriate
- The implementation lifecycle for a temporary programme or project office
- How PPM maturity will impact on the design, planning and delivery of the P3O Model and the P3O Blueprint
- The key areas of focus in the implementation lifecycle for a temporary programme or project office and how these will influence the temporary P3O lifecycle.
- Activities to implement or re-energize a permanent P3O.
- Use of the P3O key implementation outputs, including their content, when they would be produced and updated in the permanent P3O implementation lifecycle and the impact that PPM maturity will have on their design
- The implementation or re-energizing of a permanent P3O has been undertaken appropriately
- The P3O key implementation outputs are fit for purpose
- The activities to implement a temporary programme or project office have been undertaken appropriately
- The three ways tools may be used
- What tools and techniques are, how they can be used and where they can typically be found within an organisation
- Typical benefits of using standard tools and techniques
- Common P3O tools and their functions
- Typical objectives, uses and benefits of P3O techniques
- The factors involved in complexity modelling
- Key questions for selecting and developing a tools requirements document for a PPM solution
- Critical success factors and benefits of using tools and techniques
- Which techniques are appropriate to use including when and how to apply and interpret them?
- Whether the use of tools and techniques is appropriate, with reasons, and whether they have been tailored appropriately
- The three types of P3O roles and whether a specified P3O role is a management, generic or functional role.
- The skills and competencies needed for P3O staff
- The purpose, including skills and attributes where stated, of each P3O management role
- The purpose, including skills and attributes where stated, of each P3O functional role
- The key responsibilities of each P3O management role
- The skills and competencies required to fulfil the roles that provide the different services offered by the functional areas within a P3O model
- To which functional area or office in a P3O model each role might be allocated
- P3O resources, team structure and responsibilities for P3O roles and the P3O office to which they should be appointed
- Resources assigned to P3O roles in a P3O office are suitable and identify the strengths, weaknesses of these appointments as well as the opportunities for optimisation of the roles
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam from anywhere with a webcam
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.