Data science is one of the hottest careers in the ICT industry all around the world. Data scientists are responsible for discovering insights from massive amounts of structured and unstructured data to help shape or meet specific business needs and goals. According to the PayScale research, data scientist in Australia can earn average pay of $ 103,875 per year. Because these fields are continually evolving, the importance of data science is also rapidly increasing.
A data scientist’s main objective is to organize and analyze large amounts of data, often using software specifically designed for the task. The data scientist role is becoming increasingly important as businesses more heavily on data analytics to drive decision-making. It is a fast-growing role — according to data from Indeed, job postings for data scientists rose by 75 per cent from January 2015 to January 2018.
Data scientists’ primary responsibility is data analysis, which begins with data collection and ends with business decisions based on the data scientist’s final data analytics results. Businesses employ data scientists to handle unstructured data, whereas other IT personnel will be responsible for managing and maintaining structured data.
Data scientist skills:
According to William Chen, Data Science Manager at Quora, the top five skills for data scientists include a mix of hard and soft skills:
- Programming: Programming improves your statistics skills and helps you “analyze large datasets”, and give you the ability to create your tools.
- Quantitative analysis: it will improve your ability to run experimental analysis, scale your data strategy and help you implement machine learning.
- Product intuition: it will help you perform quantitative analysis.
- Communication: Possibly the most critical soft skills across every industry, strong communication skills will help you “leverage all of the previous skills listed”.
- Teamwork: It requires being selfless, embracing feedback and sharing your knowledge with your team.
A data scientist is just one job title in the expanding field of data science and not every company that uses data science is hiring data scientists. Here are some of the most popular job titles related to data science and the average salary for each position, according to data from PayScale:
- Analytics Manager – $92,249
- Data Architect – $112,790
- Data Engineer – $90,811
- Research Scientist – $77,330
- Business Intelligence Analyst – $66,003
- Statistician – $71,374
- Research Analyst – $52,970
Becoming a data scientist:
There are plenty of ways to become a data scientist, but the most traditional route is obtaining a bachelor’s degree. If you do not have a background in computer science or data analytics, data science certifications can provide the skills necessary to transition to being a data scientist.
Data science certification training courses:
There are plenty of valuable data certifications that will prepare you for a career in this rapidly growing industry. Some popular data science certifications include the following:
- Microsoft Courses
- Certified Analytics Professional
- SAS Academy for Data Science
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA)
- Cloudera Certified Professional: CCP Data Engineer
- AWS Courses
How can Logitrain help you to become a Data Scientist/Analyst:
Logitrain is one of the best Australian owned IT training, IT courses and career counselling provider since 2004. It has provided high quality and cost-effective training to thousands of students, which has helped them fulfil their dreams. This institution delivers extraordinary training and recruitment services by helping people through career guidance and writing a professional resume. At Logitrain, the instructors and recruitment experts are highly trained and qualified.
The following Data Science training courses will prepare you for a career in this rapidly growing industry with competitive training fees.
- Microsoft DA-100T00-A: Analyzing Data with Power BI – Exam DA-100: This course aims to enhance data analyst capabilities to maximize the value of their data assets
- AI-900T00-A: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals: This course introduces the core concepts related to artificial intelligence (AI) and the services in Microsoft Azure that can be used to create AI solutions.
These certification courses are an excellent step to get a job in Australia. Attend the instructor-led training face-to-face or virtually from the comfort of your home. Covering end to end, the job programs include career counselling and assist you in writing great cover letters and professional resumes. These career counselling services are available at low prices. These consultation services are available either face-to-face or through phone or skype.
More information about our courses can be found on our website or by clicking the following URL: https://www.logitrain.com.au/courses.html