MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Training
MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Training
The MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals training course provides candidates fundamental knowledge of server and server administration concepts. The MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals course aims to train students to undertake the MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals certification exam which is the most basic certification being offered by Microsoft and acts as a stepping stone for those aiming to get higher certifications.
During the MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals training course, a number of topics are covered including understanding the Server Installation and Server Roles, device drivers, features such as installation, updates, rollbacks, troubleshooting, Plug & Play, IRQ, interrupts,driver signing, services. A detailed understanding of services, various service statuses, startup types, recovery options, delayed startup, stopping or pausing a service, service accounts, and dependencies are also covered.
After completing the MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals training course, the student can easily understand server installation options, application servers, threat management, mail servers, collaboration servers, database servers, monitoring servers, Web services, remote access, file and print services, server virtualization and what not.
Benefits of MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Training.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- More hands-on: trial software included
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
- Authorised test centre: exam taken at our premises
- Basic knowledge of Server 2008
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
- 98-365 – Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals (98-365)
Skills gained during the MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Training.
- Understanding server installation
- Understanding server roles
- Understanding Active Directory
- Understanding storage
- Understanding server performance management
- Understanding server maintenance
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
Following people can attend MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Training.
- University students
- Helpdesk operators
- Candidates entering IT job market
- First-level network support staff
- Systems administrator
- Individuals seeking MTA certification
- Understanding Server Installation and Server Roles
- Understand device drivers
- Installation; removal; disabling; update/upgrade; rollback; troubleshooting; Plug & Play; IRQ; interrupts; driver signing
- Understand services
- What services are; which statuses a service can be in; startup types; recovery options; delayed startup; Run As settings for a service; stopping or pausing a service; service accounts; dependencies
- Understand server installation options
- Choosing correct OS version; partitioning; F8 options, server core vs. full; interactive install; unattended install; automated install using WDS; upgrade vs. clean install; firmware updates including BIOS
- Identify application servers
- Mail servers; database servers; collaboration servers; monitoring servers; threat management
- Understand Web services
- IIS, WWW, and FTP; separate worker processes; adding components; sites; ports; SSL; certificates
- Understand remote access
- Remote assistance; remote administration tools; Remote Desktop Services; licensing; RD Gateway; VPN; application virtualization; multiple ports
- Understand the file and print services
- Local printers; network printers; printer pools; web printing; web management; driver deployment; file, folder, and share permissions vs. rights; auditing; print job management
- Understand server virtualization
- Virtualization modes; VHDs; virtual memory; virtual networks; snapshots and saved states; physical to virtual; virtual to physical
- Understanding Active Directory & Storage
- Understand accounts and groups
- Domain accounts; local accounts; user profiles; group types; group scopes; group nesting; AGDLP
- Understand organizational units and containers
- Purpose of organizational units; purpose of containers; delegation; default
- Understand Active Directory infrastructure
- Domain controllers; forests; operation masters roles; domain vs. workgroup; child domains; trusts; functional levels; namespace; sites; replication
- Understand group policy
- Group policy processing; Group Policy Management Console; computer policies; user policies; local policies
- Identify storage technologies
- Advantages and disadvantages of different storage types; local (SATA, SCSI, IDE); NAS; SAN; fibre channel; iSCSI; NFS; FC HBA and FC switches; iSCSI hardware
- Understand RAID
- RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10 and combinations; hardware and software RAID
- Understand disk types
- ATA; basic disk; dynamic disk; mount points; file systems; mounting a virtual hard disk; distributed file systems; optical disks
- Understanding server performance management and server maintenance
- Identify major server hardware components
- Memory; disk; processor; network; 32 / 64 bits; removable drives; graphic cards; cooling; power usage; ports
- Understand performance monitoring
- Methodology; procedures; effect of network, CPU, memory and disk; creating a baseline; perfmon; resmon; Task Manager; performance counters
- Understand logs and alerts
- Purpose of performance logs and alerts
- Identify steps in the startup process
- BIOS; bootsector; bootloader; MBR; boot.ini; bcdedit; POST; Safe Mode
- Understand business continuity
- Backup and restore; disaster recovery; clustering; AD restore; folder redirection; data redundancy; uniterruptible power supply (UPS)
- Understand updates
- Software; driver; operating systems; applications; Windows Update; Windows Server Update Service (WSUS)
- Understand troubleshooting methodology
- Processes; procedures; best practices; systematic vs. specific approach; perfmon; Event Viewer; Resource Monitor; Information Technology Infrastructure Library; central logging; event filtering; default logs
Includes Official Exam Fee
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Authorised Test Center
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Includes Books & Meals
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Includes Mock & Test Questions
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Highly Skilled Trainers
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Our Price Beat Guarantee
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
OUR SATISFIED CUSTOMERS
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision