Software Development Course and Fundamentals Training
Software Development Fundamentals Course
Candidates gain knowledge and skills in core software development skills using Visual Studio.
The Software Development course aims to train students new to this field.
The Software Development course covers various concepts including understanding the computer storage and data types, memory stacks and heaps, memory size requirements for different data storage types, numeric data and textual data, computer decision structures, decision structures used in computer programming languages, and methods for handling the repetition.
Basic knowledge of Software Development
There is no certification exam associated with this training course.
Software Development course material
- Understanding core programming
- Understanding object-oriented programming
- Understanding general software development
- Understanding web applications
- Understanding desktop applications
- Understanding databases
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- University students
- Web developers
- Understand computer storage and data types
- How a computer stores programs and the instructions in computer memory; memory stacks and heaps; memory size requirements for the various data storage types; numeric data and textual data
- Understand computer decision structures
- Various decision structures used in all computer programming languages; If decision structures; multiple decision structures such as If…Else and switch/Select Case; reading flowcharts; decision tables; evaluating expressions
- Identify the appropriate method for handling repetition
- For loops, While loops, Do..While loops and recursion
- Understand error handling
- Structured exception handling
- Understand the fundamentals of classes
- Properties, methods, events and constructors; how to create a class; how to use classes in code
- Understand inheritance
- Inheriting the functionality of a base class into a derived class
- Understand polymorphism
- Extending the functionality in a class after inheriting from a base class; overriding methods in the derived class
- Understand encapsulation
- Creating classes that hide their implementation details while still allowing access to the required functionality through the interface; access modifiers
- Understand application life cycle management
- Phases of application life cycle management; software testing
- Interpret application specifications
- Reading application specifications and translating them into prototypes, code and components
- Understand algorithms and data structures
- Arrays, stacks, queues, linked lists and sorting algorithms; performance implications of various data structures; choosing the right data structure
- Understand web page development
- Understand Microsoft ASP.NET web application development
- Page life cycle; event model; state management; client-side vs. server-side programming
- Understand web hosting
- Creating virtual directories and websites; deploying web applications; understanding the role of Internet Information Services
- Understand web services
- Web services that will be consumed by client applications; accessing web services from a client application; SOAP and Web Service Definition Language (WSDL)
- Understand Windows Forms applications
- Windows Forms event model; visual inheritance; UI design; use of Multiple Document Interface (MDI) and Single Document Interface [and here] (SDI) applications
- Understand console-based applications
- Characteristics and capabilities of console-based applications
- Understand Windows Services
- Characteristics and capabilities of Windows Services
- Understand relational database management systems
- Characteristics and capabilities of database products; database design; Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs); normalisation concepts
- Understand database query methods
- Structured query language (SQL); creating and accessing stored procedures; updating data and selecting data
- Understand database connection methods
- Connecting to various types of data stores such as flat file; XML file; in-memory object; resource optimisation
Get a Certificate of Attendance to prove your commitment to learning
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock test is included in the full-time courses to assist with your preparation
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Don’t Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.