LPI Linux Essentials Course + Exam
LPI Linux Essentials Certification
The LPI Linux Essentials certification provides IT professionals foundation Linux skills.
This course provides an overview of Embedded Systems, Linux in the Cloud, Debian, Ubuntu (LTS), CentOS, openSUSE, Red Hat, SUSE, Linux Mint, Scientific Linux, Raspberry Pi, Raspbian and Android. It covers the command line and the Industry uses of Linux, cloud computing and virtualization, data storage and network.
Basic Computer Knowledge
Candidates can achieve this certification after passing following exam(s).
- 010-160 – Linux Essentials
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during business hours (excludes public holidays).
- FOSS- communities and licenses
- Knowledge of open source applications as they relate to closed source equivalents
- Basic concepts of hardware, processes, programs and the components of the Linux Operating System
- Working on the command line and with files
- Creating and restoring compressed backups and archives?
- System security, users/groups and file permissions for public and private directories
- Creating and running simple scripts
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Recent Graduates
- Candidates entering IT job market
- Individuals seeking Linux certifications
- First-level network support staff
- System engineers and account managers
- Helpdesk operators
- Knowledge of Linux development and major distributions
- Awareness of major applications as well as their uses and development
- Open communities and licensing Open Source Software for business
- Basic Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills and working in Linux
- Basics of using the Linux command line
- Running help commands and navigation of the various help systems
- Navigation of home and system directories and listing files in various locations
- Create, move and delete files and directories under the home directory
- Archiving files in the user home directory
- Search and extract data from files in the home directory
- Turning repetitive commands into simple scripts
- Knowledge of major operating systems and Linux distributions
- Familiarity with the components that go into building desktop and server computers
- Where various types of information are stored on a Linux system
- Querying vital networking configuration and determining the basic requirements for a computer on a Local Area Network (LAN)
- Various types of users on a Linux system
- Creating users and groups on a Linux system
- Understanding and manipulating file permissions and ownership settings
- Special directories and files on a Linux system including special permissions
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.