Software and Hardware Asset Management (SAHAM) Training
Software and Hardware Asset Management (SAHAM) Foundation Course
BCS Foundation Certificate in Software and Hardware Asset Management (SAHAM) is ideal for individuals who wish to develop an understanding of software asset management. It is useful for organisational leaders and managers wanting to understand the value of SAM practices, or those who work in a regulated industry, for example, telecoms, financial services, energy and utilities.
In the Asset Management certification training course, candidates will learn about the objectives and activities required to implement software and hardware asset management within an organisation, and develop an understanding of current licensing methodologies including volume agreements, cloud, hybrid, software as a service (SaaS) and bring your own device (BYOD).
The certification training course for Software and Hardware Asset Management (SAHAM) includes learning about the software and hardware asset management techniques and processes, gaining an understanding of preparing and distributing asset reports throughout the organisation, managing IT assets through the stages of their lifecycle, and measuring current SAM and HAM maturity and identifying areas of improvement. The candidates who undertake this certification course can also attempt the certification exam to become certified by the British Computer Society, showcasing that they have developed effective SAM and HAM policies and processes.
This course is appropriate for people in positions such as software asset managers, IT asset managers and professionals in IT procurement.
Moreover, by successfully taking this training course and passing this certification for Software and Hardware Asset Management (SAHAM), the candidates will have attained qualification for developing effective SAM and HAM policies and processes, preparing and distributing asset reports throughout the organisation, and making more efficient use of IT assets.
Logitrain offers the BCS Foundation Certificate in Software and Hardware Asset Management (SAHAM) certification in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, in-house and live virtually.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Professionals interested in asset management
- Professionals interested in understanding the value of SAM practices
- Software asset managers
- IT asset managers
Software and Hardware Assessment Management course material will be provided.
Candidates can achieve this certification after passing the following exam(s).
- SHAM: BCS Foundation Certificate in Software and Hardware Asset Management
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during business hours (excludes public holidays).
- Introduction to Software and Hardware Asset Management
- Introduction to Software Licensing
- Importance of managing IT Assets
- Challenges implementing SAM / HAM
- Understanding entitlement
- Managing asset inventory
- Asset Usage
- Asset Reconciliation
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Explain the need for SAM and HAM
- Describe SAM and HAM key principles
- Recall primary SAM and HAM terminology and acronyms
- Recall main license definitions by type and by vendor
- Explain the legal grounding of software license agreements
- Define license programs and key differences
- Outline different licensing agreements and contracts
- Describe a typical agreement, contract and end user license agreement
- Outline all the risks to the organisation of not managing IT assets
- Quantify the financial and productivity benefits of effective asset management
- Explain the process of creating a risk register and developing risk assessments around SAM and HAM
- Explain the key issues faced when adopting SAM and HAM
- Apply a strategy to address and overcome challenges
- Recall how to identify all sources of entitlement
- Explain the process of creating an entitlement baseline
- Describe how to accurately interpret current entitlement levels
- Recognise the need for accurate inventory
- Explain how to manage inventory exceptions
- Describe how to identify unknown assets
- Explain how to develop a strategy for other inventory considerations
- Describe how to identify where and how assets are used
- Explain how to link all assets back to source of entitlement
- Recall how to identify key dates in asset lifecycle
- Describe how to develop initial compliance baselines
- Describe how to maintain compliance reporting over time
Get a certificate of attendance to prove your commitment to learning
This training course does not have any exam associated with it
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.