MTA Security Fundamentals Training + Exam
MTA Security Fundamentals Training
The MTA Security Fundamentals training course provides candidates fundamental knowledge of operating system security. The MTA Security Fundamentals course covers the contents to develop an understanding of security layers, operating system and Windows 10 security, network security and security software.
A range of topics are covered including Understand core security principles, physical security, internet security, wireless security, user authentication, permissions and password policies. The course also provides fundamental security topics highly relevant these days due to hacker attacks including audit policies, encryption, malware, network isolation, firewalls, protocol security, email security and securing operating systems, web browsers.
Benefits of MTA Security Fundamentals Training.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
- Authorised test centre: exam taken at our premises
- Basic knowledge of computer security
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
- 98-367 – Security Fundamentals
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
MTA Security Fundamentals (98-367) course material
Skills gained during the MTA Security Fundamentals Training.
- Understand security layers
- Understand operating system security
- Understand network security
- Understand security software
- Preparation options
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
Following people can attend MTA Security Fundamentals Training.
- University students
- Helpdesk operators
- Candidates entering IT job market
- First-level network support staff
- Systems administrator
- Individuals seeking MTA security fundamentals certification
- Confidentiality; integrity; availability; how threat and risk impact principles; principle of least privilege; social engineering; attack surface analysis; threat modelling
- Site security; computer security; removable devices and drives; access control; mobile device security; keyloggers
- Advantages and disadvantages of specific security types; keys; service set identifiers (SSIDs); MAC filters
- Multifactor authentication; physical and virtual smart cards; Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS); biometrics; use Run As to perform administrative tasks
- File system permissions; share permissions; registry; Active Directory; enable or disable inheritance; behavior when moving or copying files within the same disk or on another disk; multiple groups with different permissions; basic permissions and advanced permissions; take ownership; delegation; inheritance
- Password complexity; account lockout; password length; password history; time between password changes; enforce by using Group Policies; common attack methods; password reset procedures; protect domain user account passwords
- Types of auditing; what can be audited; enable auditing; what to audit for specific purposes; where to save audit information; how to secure audit information
- Encrypting file system (EFS); how EFS-encrypted folders impact moving/copying files; BitLocker (To Go); TPM; software-based encryption; MAIL encryption and signing and other uses; virtual private network (VPN); public key/private key; encryption algorithms; certificate properties; certificate services; PKI/certificate services infrastructure; token devices; lock down devices to run only trusted applications
- Buffer overflow; viruses, polymorphic viruses; worms; Trojan horses; spyware; ransomware; adware; rootkits; backdoors; zero day attacks
- Types of hardware firewalls and their characteristics; when to use a hardware firewall instead of a software firewall; stateful versus stateless firewall inspection; Security Compliance Manager; security baselines
- Routing; honeypot; perimeter networks; network address translation (NAT); VPN; IPsec; server and domain isolation
- Protocol spoofing; IPsec; tunneling; DNSsec; network sniffing; denial-of-service (DoS) attacks; common attack methods
- Antivirus; protect against unwanted software installations; User Account Control (UAC); keep client operating system and software updated; encrypt offline folders, software restriction policies; principle of least privilege
- Antispam, antivirus, spoofing, phishing, and pharming; client versus server protection; Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records; PTR records
- Separation of services; hardening; keep server updated; secure dynamic Domain Name System (DNS) updates; disable unsecure authentication protocols; Read-Only Domain Controllers (RODC)
Includes Official Exam Fee
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Authorised Test Center
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Includes Books & Meals
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Includes Mock & Test Questions
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Highly Skilled Trainers
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Our Price Beat Guarantee
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
OUR SATISFIED CUSTOMERS
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision