MTA Cloud Fundamentals Training + Exam
MTA Cloud Fundamentals Training
Cloud Fundamentals training course provides participants fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Services and focuses on the highly popular Office 365, Microsoft Intune and Skype of Business. The MTA Cloud Fundamentals certification training course imparts the basic knowledge of Cloud technologies.
A range of topics are covered including describe cloud principles and delivery mechanisms, cloud security requirements and policies, how a cloud service stays up to date and available, different types of cloud services, requirements and dependencies for using Office 365 and Microsoft Intune, select a cloud service plan, sign up for cloud services, initial configuration of cloud services, creating users and groups, and assign services and licenses, permissions in Office 365 and Microsoft Intune.
The course covers monitoring service health in Office 365 and Microsoft Intune, configuring Exchange Online, configuring SharePoint Online, including OneDrive, configuring Skype for Business Online, configuring Microsoft Intune and resolving sign-in and Office application installation issues.
Benefits of MTA Cloud Fundamentals Training.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
- Authorised test centre: exam taken at our premises
- Basic knowledge of cloud technologies
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
- 98-369 – Cloud Fundamentals
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
MTA Cloud Fundamentals (98-369) course material
Skills gained during the MTA Cloud Fundamentals Training.
- Understand the cloud
- Enable Microsoft cloud services
- Administer Office 365 and Microsoft Intune
- Use and configure Microsoft cloud services
- Support cloud users
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
Following people can attend MTA Cloud Fundamentals Training.
- University students
- Helpdesk operators
- Candidates entering IT job market
- First-level network support staff
- Systems administrator
- Individuals seeking MTA cloud fundamentals certification
- Differentiate between on-premises IT service models; differentiate between subscription or pay-as-you-go versus upfront CapEx/OpEx funding model; use cloud services to expand capacity (elasticity of the cloud), scalability, redundancy, and availability; differentiate between cloud services that are configurable versus on-premises services that are customizable
- Describe how cloud services manage privacy, how compliance goals are met, how data is secured at rest or on-the-wire, and how data and operations transparency requirements are met
- Describe the service/feature improvement process; monitor service health, service maintenance, and future roadmap publishing; identify guarantees, service level agreements (SLA), and capping of liability of the cloud service provider
- Differentiate between types of cloud services and their characteristics, including infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and software as a service (SaaS); integrate the cloud with on-premises services in hybrid scenarios
- Plan networking and domains, firewall rule, client requirements, bandwidth implications, and DNS
Understand the different options and plans available for Office 365 and Microsoft Intune
Name your tenant, set up your first administrator, determine tenant location
- Register domains, verify domains, choose the domain purpose; identify required DNS record types
Differentiate between cloud identities (Online identity, Synchronized identities, Federated identities), create and manage users and identities, delete and restore users (soft delete), create and manage groups, assign and revoke licenses, determine user locations
- Assign or revoke administrative roles; manage delegated admins; manage password policies, subscriptions, and licenses
- Monitor the Service Health dashboard, subscribe to RSS feeds, monitor the maintenance schedule, monitor the message center, log service support requests, configure alerts
- Manage recipients (mailboxes, shared mailboxes, resources, contacts, groups), manage anti-spam and antivirus settings
- Create SharePoint team sites, configure external sharing, set up social features using newsfeeds or Yammer, apply themes, set storage and resource limits
- Manage Skype for Business user options, manage external communication settings, configure dial-in settings and meeting invitation options, configure Skype for Business Online DNS
- Install Microsoft Intune client management software, create and deploy policies, automate installs, identify software requirements, set up notifications, identify mobile device management policies
- Troubleshoot sign-in issues, forgotten passwords, connection problems, difficulty activating Office applications, and difficulty connecting mobile devices to Office 365 or Microsoft Intune; choose between 32-bit and 64-bit; identify when an Office repair is required; identify operating system requirements for Office 365 ProPlus; browser requirements and specific versions of Internet Explorer
- Troubleshoot issues receiving and sending email, troubleshoot issues accessing a delegated mailbox
Identify storage limits, troubleshoot “Open with Explorer” not working and OneDrive not syncing, recover deleted files
- Troubleshoot Skype for Business sign-in issues, troubleshoot connection issues to Skype for Business Online, troubleshoot communicating to Skype consumer users and users in other companies using Skype for Business
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.