Database Fundamentals Training Course
Database Fundamentals Course
The database course aims to equip candidates with the introductory knowledge of and skills with databases, including relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server.
The Database course covers various concepts which are necessary to get a basic understanding of database management systems including data stored in tables, the definition of tables, types of databases, relational databases, data manipulation language (DML), data definition language(DDL), T-SQL, data types and their storage requirements.
After completing the database course students will be able to demonstrate knowledge in creating tables in databases, creating their views, creating functions and stored procedures, performing various functions such as SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE data, using joins as well as UNION and INTERSECT, normalisation and its significance, keys – primary, foreign and composite, indexes, and database security concepts.
Basic knowledge of databases
There is no exam associated with this training course.
Database administration fundamentals course material
- Understanding Core database concept
- Create database objects
- Manipulate data
- Understand data storage
- Administer a database
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- University students
- Helpdesk operators
- Candidates entering the IT job market
- First-level network support staff
- Systems administrator
- Understand how data is stored in tables
- Understand what a table is and how it relates to the data that will be stored in the database; columns/fields, rows/records
- Understand relational database concepts
- Understand what a relational database is, the need for relational database management systems (RDBMS), and how relations are established
- Understand data manipulation language (DML)
- Understand what DML is and its role in databases
- Understand data definition language (DDL)
- Understand how T-SQL can be used to create database objects, such as tables and views
- Choose data types
- Understand what data types are, why they are important, and how they affect storage requirements
- Understand tables and how to create them
- Purpose of tables; create tables in a database by using proper ANSI SQL syntax
- Create views
- Understand when to use views and how to create a view by using T-SQL or a graphical designer
- Create stored procedures and functions
- Select, insert, update, or delete data
- Select data
- Utilize SELECT queries to extract data from one table, extract data by using joins, combine result sets by using UNION and INTERSECT
- Insert data
- Understand how data is inserted into a database, how to use INSERT statements
- Update data
- Understand how data is updated in a database and how to write the updated data to the database by using the appropriate UPDATE statements, update by using a table
- Delete data
- Delete data from single or multiple tables, ensure data and referential integrity by using transactions
- Understand normalization
- Understand the reasons for normalization, the five most common levels of normalization, how to normalize a database to third normal form
- Understand primary, foreign, and composite keys
- Understand the reason for keys in a database, choose appropriate primary keys, select appropriate data type for keys, select appropriate fields for composite keys, understand the relationship between foreign and primary keys
- Understand indexes
- Understand clustered and non-clustered indexes and their purpose in a database
- Understand database security concepts
- Understand the need to secure a database, what objects can be secured, what objects should be secured, user accounts, and roles
- Understand database backups and restore
- Understand various backup types, such as full and incremental, importance of backups, how to restore a database
Get a Certificate of Attendance to prove your commitment to learning
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock test is included in the full-time courses to assist with your preparation
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Don’t Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.