LPIC 1 Course
LPIC 1 is the first certification in Linux from LPI. This certification training course will build the candidate’s ability to perform maintenance tasks on the command line, install and configure computers running Linux and configure basic networking. It validates the candidate’s proficiency in real-world Linux system administration.
The LPIC 1 certification training course covers enabling and disabling integrated peripherals and the difference between types of storage devices.
This LPIC 1 certification training course covers Linux Installation and package management, installing a boot manager and Debian package management.
Logitrain delivers the LPIC 1 certification training course in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, and Canberra, in-house and live online.
Basic Linux and computer knowledge
Candidates can achieve this certification after passing the following exam(s). The exam fee is not included in the course fee.
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at the Logitrain training centre on weekdays during business hours (excludes public holidays).
- Understand the architecture of Linux operating systems
- Install and maintain a Linux workstation, including x11 and setup it up as a network client
- Implement the Linux command line, including common GNU and Unix command
- Handle files and access permissions
- System security
- Maintenance tasks, help users, add more users to a larger system, backup and restore, shutdown and reboot
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Recent Graduates
- Candidates entering IT job market
- Individuals seeking Linux certifications
- First-level network support staff
- System engineers and account managers
- Helpdesk operators
- Determine and configure hardware settings
- Boot the system
- Change run-levels / boot targets and shutdown or reboot system
- Design hard disk layout
- Install a boot manager
- Manage shared libraries
- Use Debian package management
- Use RPM and YUM package management
- Linux as a virtualization guest
- Work on the command line
- Process text streams using filters
- Perform basic file management
- Use streams, pipes and redirects
- Create, monitor and kill processes
- Modify process execution priorities
- Search text files using regular expressions
- Basic file editing
- Create partitions and filesystems
- Maintain the integrity of filesystems
- Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems
- Manage file permissions and ownership
- Create and change hard and symbolic links
- Find system files and place files in the correct location
- Customize and use the shell environment
- Customize or write simple scripts
- Install and configure X11
- Graphical Desktops
- Manage user and group accounts and related system files
- Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs
- Localisation and internationalisation
- Maintain system time
- System logging
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics
- Manage printers and printing
- Fundamentals of internet protocols
- Persistent network configuration
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Configure client-side DNS
- Perform security administration tasks
- Setup host security
- Securing data with encryption
Get a Certificate of Attendance to prove your commitment to learning
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock test is included in the full-time courses to assist with your preparation
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Don’t Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.