Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) Course
Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) Certification
The SECFND Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals certification training course is one of the two courses associated with the Cisco CCNA Cyber Ops certification. Candidates undertaking the SECFND course learn and understand Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals and prepare for the exam 210-250. Candidates develop understanding of cybersecurity basic principles, operation of network devices, knowledge of routed protocols, security related VLAN issues, hashing algorithms, encryption algorithms and comparing attacks.
The second training course required for the CCNA Cyber Ops certification is Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS).
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Authorised test centre: exams taken at our premises
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
There is no certification exam associated with this training course.
Ciscopress SECFND course material included
- Network Concepts
- Security Concepts
- Host-Based Analysis
- Security Monitoring
- Attack Methods
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Network security engineers
- Network support staff
- Network architects
- Candidates preparing for the CCNA Cyber Ops certification
- Describe the function of the network layers as specified by the OSI and the TCP/IP network models
- Describe the operation of IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP
- Describe the operation of ARP, DNS, DHCP
- Describe the basic operation of Router, Switch, Hub, Bridge, WAP, WLC
- Describe the functions of Firewall, IPS, AMP, WSA, CWS, ESA, CES
- Describe IP subnets and communication within an IP subnet and between IP subnets
- Describe the relationship between VLANs and data visibility
- Describe the operation of ACLs applied as packet filters on the interfaces of network devices
- Compare and contrast deep packet inspection with packet filtering and stateful firewall operation
- Compare and contrast inline traffic interrogation and taps or traffic mirroring
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of data obtained from taps or traffic mirroring and NetFlow in the analysis of network traffic
- Identify potential data loss from provided traffic profiles
- Describe the principles of the defense in depth strategy
- Describe the uses of a hash algorithm
- Describe the uses of encryption algorithms
- Compare and contrast symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithms
- Describe the processes of digital signature creation and verification
- Describe the operation of a PKI
- Describe the security impact of MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512
- Describe the security impact of DES, 3DES, AES, RSA, DSA, SSH, SSL/TLS
- Describe how the success or failure of a cryptographic exchange impacts security investigation
- Compare and contrast an attack surface and vulnerability
- Compare and contrast remote exploit and a local exploit
“We have helped thousands achieve Cisco Certifications, let us help you”
– Murad Tanvir, Double CCIE #17081
Get a certificate of attendance to prove your commitment to learning
Smaller class size provides a personalised learning experience for every student
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Practical scenarios are discussed for better understanding of the key concepts
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive real-world experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Don’t Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.