Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) Course
Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) Certification
The 350-701 Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) certification training course creates a pathway for security professionals to achieve the Cisco CCNP Security and CCIE security certifications.
Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) 350-701 certification training course will help in gaining proficiency in the skills and technologies which are required to resolve core network security problems. The SCOR course helps in understanding to defend the threats against cybersecurity attacks. By pursuing this course, you can learn a range of security concepts, including network security, endpoint protection, cloud security, content security, secure network access, and other relevant security techniques.
This Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) 350-701 certification boot camp training course assists in building strong foundational skills in network security which enhances your skillsets. The objectives of the SCOR training program and certification are aligned to the skills normally required by senior-level security roles in an enterprise.
The SCOR training course provides hands-on experience and exposure in deploying firewalls, mail policies, configuring access control policies and more.
Logitrain offers 350-701 Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) certification training course in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, in-house, and live virtual online.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Authorised test centre: exams taken at our premises
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) course
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
- Familiarity with the basics of networking security concepts
There is no certification exam associated with this training course.
Ciscopress: SCOR course material
- Describe information security concepts and strategies within the network
- Describe common TCP/IP, network application, and endpoint attacks
- Describe how various network security technologies work together to guard against attacks
- Implement access control on the Cisco ASA appliance and Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall
- Describe and implement basic email content security features and functions provided by the Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Describe and implement web content security features and functions provided by the Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Describe Cisco Umbrella® security capabilities, deployment models, policy management, and Investigate console
- Introduce VPNs and describe cryptography solutions and algorithms
- Describe Cisco secure site-to-site connectivity solutions and explain how to deploy Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS®) Virtual Tunnel Interface (VTI)-based point-to-point IPsec VPNs, and point-to-point IPsec VPN on the Cisco ASA and Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Describe and deploy Cisco secure remote access connectivity solutions and describe how to configure 802.1X and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authentication
- Provide basic understanding of endpoint security and describe Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints architecture and basic features
- Examine various defences on Cisco devices that protect the control and management plane
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS software Layer 2 and Layer 3 data plane controls
- Describe Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise and Stealthwatch Cloud solutions
- Describe the basics of cloud computing and common cloud attacks and how to secure cloud environment
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Security engineers
- Network engineers
- Network designers
- Network administrators
- Systems engineers
- Consulting systems engineers
- Technical solutions architects
- Network managers
- Cisco integrators and partners
- Candidates preparing for the CCNP Security certification
- Explain common threats against on-premises and cloud environments
- Compare common security vulnerabilities such as software bugs, weak and/or hardcoded passwords, SQL injection, missing encryption, buffer overflow, path traversal, cross-site scripting/forgery
- Describe functions of the cryptography components such as hashing, encryption, PKI, SSL, IPsec, NAT-T IPv4 for IPsec, pre-shared key and certificate based authorization
- Compare site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN deployment types such as sVTI, IPsec, Cryptomap, DMVPN, FLEXVPN including high availability considerations, and AnyConnect
- Describe security intelligence authoring, sharing, and consumption
- Explain the role of the endpoint in protecting humans from phishing and social engineering attacks
- Explain North Bound and South Bound APIs in the SDN architecture
- Explain DNAC APIs for network provisioning, optimization, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Interpret basic Python scripts used to call Cisco Security appliances APIs
- Compare network security solutions that provide intrusion prevention and firewall capabilities
- Describe deployment models of network security solutions and architectures that provide intrusion prevention and firewall capabilities
- Describe the components, capabilities, and benefits of NetFlow and Flexible NetFlow records
- Configure and verify network infrastructure security methods (router, switch, wireless)
- Implement segmentation, access control policies, AVC, URL filtering, and malware protection
- Implement management options for network security solutions such as intrusion prevention and perimeter security (Single vs. multidevice manager, in-band vs. out-of-band, CDP, DNS, SCP, SFTP, and DHCP security and risks)
- Configure AAA for device and network access (authentication and authorization, TACACS+, RADIUS and RADIUS flows, accounting, and dACL)
- Configure secure network management of perimeter security and infrastructure devices (secure device management, SNMPv3, views, groups, users, authentication, and encryption, secure logging, and NTP with authentication)
- Configure and verify site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN
- Identify security solutions for cloud environments
- Compare the customer vs. provider security responsibility for the different cloud service models
- Describe the concept of DevSecOps (CI/CD pipeline, container orchestration, and security
- Implement application and data security in cloud environments
- Identify security capabilities, deployment models, and policy management to secure the cloud
- Configure cloud logging and monitoring methodologies
- Describe application and workload security concepts
- Implement traffic redirection and capture methods
- Describe web proxy identity and authentication including transparent user identification
- Compare the components, capabilities, and benefits of local and cloud-based email and web solutions (ESA, CES, WSA)
- Configure and verify web and email security deployment methods to protect on-premises and remote users (inbound and outbound controls and policy management)
- Configure and verify email security features such as SPAM filtering, antimalware filtering, DLP, blacklisting, and email encryption
- Configure and verify secure internet gateway and web security features such as blacklisting, URL filtering, malware scanning, URL categorization, web application filtering, and TLS decryption
- Describe the components, capabilities, and benefits of Cisco Umbrella
- Configure and verify web security controls on Cisco Umbrella (identities, URL content settings, destination lists, and reporting)
- Compare Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) and Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solutions
- Explain antimalware, retrospective security, Indication of Compromise (IOC), antivirus, dynamic file analysis, and endpoint-sourced telemetry
- Configure and verify outbreak control and quarantines to limit infection
- Describe justifications for endpoint-based security
- Describe the value of endpoint device management and asset inventory such as MDM
- Describe the uses and importance of a multifactor authentication (MFA) strategy
- Describe endpoint posture assessment solutions to ensure endpoint security
- Explain the importance of an endpoint patching strategy
- Describe identity management and secure network access concepts such as guest services, profiling, posture assessment and BYOD
- Configure and verify network access device functionality such as 802.1X, MAB, WebAuth
- Describe network access with CoA
- Describe the benefits of device compliance and application control
- Explain exfiltration techniques (DNS tunneling, HTTPS, email, FTP/SSH/SCP/SFTP, ICMP, Messenger, IRC, NTP)
- Describe the benefits of network telemetry
“We have helped thousands achieve Cisco Certifications, let us help you”
– Murad Tanvir, Double CCIE #17081
Get a certificate of attendance to prove your commitment to learning
Smaller class size provides a personalised learning experience for every student
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Practical scenarios are discussed for better understanding of the key concepts
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive real-world experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Don’t Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.