Professional Certificate in Business Finance Certification
Professional Certificate in Business Finance Training
BCS Professional Certificate in Business Finance is focused on individuals who are in a financial analysis position but are not finance specialists. This course is for non-accounting professionals willing to learn to analyse, interpret finance and accounting business information.
In this certification training course, candidates will study financial management, financial analysis skills, well known financial analysis and reporting techniques to apply within the organisation. This training course for Business Finance certification also includes learning about new financial skills and developing basic accounting knowledge.
The Business Finance Professional certification training course is suitable for people who are not financial specialists but want to learn to analyse and understand finance and accounting. This certificate is ideal for positions such as Business Analysts, Business Architects, and Project Managers.
During the Business Finance Professional certification course, candidates learn and study the skills used while analysing, reporting, and understanding finances and accounting. This certificate helps in learning about financial management, developing business and financial cases, learning about budgets, evaluating supplier financial stability, and understanding about costs and cost behaviour. Moreover, by completing this training course and passing the certification for Business Finance Professional, you will also have the qualification required to do one of the four modules of the Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis.
The training and course for BCS Professional Certificate in Business Finance certification is provided at Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, and Perth. The training for this certification course is offered face to face, in-house and live virtually.
The requirements engineering certification is a key requirement for the following jobs:
- Business Analysts
- Requirements Engineers
- Project Managers
- Business Change Managers
- People who want to learn business process modelling
There are no pre-requisites for undertaking this course.
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
- BF01: BCS Professional Certificate in Business Finance
The certification exam if included in your course can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
Logitrain course material included
- Finance in the project lifecycle
- Developing the business case
- Constructing the financial case
- Budgets and budgeting
- Costs and cost behaviour
- Evaluating supplier financial stability
- Financing service delivery
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
Following people can attend Requirements Engineering training
- Business Analysis Graduates
- Business Analysts
- Business Managers
- Business Change Managers
- Requirement Engineers
- People aspiring to become Business Analysts or Requirement Engineers
- The project lifecycle – a financial perspective
- The purpose of business: trading status, sources of finance and financial vocabulary
- The statement of financial position (balance sheet)
- The effect of transactions and adjustments on the financial position (balance sheet)
- The income statement (profit and loss account)
- Published regulatory accounts
- Statement of cash flows
- The distinction between cash and profit
- Cash flow forecasting
- The business case in the business change lifecycle
- The contents of a business case
- Options in a business case; benefits, costs, risks and impacts
- Costs and benefits to include in the business case
- Costs and benefits to include in the financial case
- Cash flow and payback for a project
- Payback and risk
- Advantages and disadvantages of payback as a method of investment appraisal
- The cost of capital
- The weighted average cost of capital
- The concept and calculation of present values
- Calculating and interpreting Net Present Value (NPV) of a project
- Calculating and interpreting the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) of a project
- NPV, IRR, systematic risk and project risk
- Return on investment (ROI)
- ROI and risk
- Shareholder value added (SVA)
- Comparing Payback, NPV, IRR, ROI and SVA
- Budgeting, long-term plans and corporate objectives
- The characteristics, purpose and uses of budgeting
- Cost centres, profit centres and charge-out
- Responsibility accounting
- Capital and revenue expenditure
- Actual versus budget
- Flexing the budget
- Making budgetary control effective
- Behavioural aspects of budgetary control
- Fixed and variable costs
- Breakeven analysis
- Margin of safety
- Price/volume calculations and charts
- Weaknesses of breakeven analysis
- Marginal analysis: outsourcing, a make or buy decision
- The principles of full costing
- Direct and indirect costs
- Assigning overhead costs
- Job costing
- Business process costing
- The principles of activity-based costing
- Financial analysis and the calculation of ratios
- Calculating and interpreting profitability ratios (gross margin, operating margin, return on capital employed (ROCE))
- Calculating and interpreting activity (capital productivity) ratios; Capital activity (asset turnover), inventory turnover, receivable days, payable days
- The relationship between primary and secondary ratios
- Calculating and interpreting liquidity ratios; current ratio, acid test ratio
- Calculating and interpreting gearing ratios; gearing (debt/equity) ratio, interest cover ratio
- Calculating and interpreting other ratios; dividend yield, price/earnings
- The principles of shareholder value added (SVA) and Economic Value Added (EVA)
- The limitations of ratio analysis
- Depreciation of assets: straight-line and reducing balance
- Depreciation of assets: disposal and upgrade issues
- Financing investments: the relationship between financing and leasing
- Financing investments: the distinction between finance and operating leases
- Financing investments: end of lease issues and ownerships
- Outsourcing: financial characteristics
- Outsourcing: building an outsourcing financial case
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.