Microsoft 20416 Implementing Desktop Application Environments Course + Exam Details
Microsoft 20416 Implementing Desktop Application Environments Certification
In this five-day course, build the skills you need to design, deploy, and manage a physical and virtual Windows Server® 2012 application management infrastructure, and focus on using Microsoft System Centre 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1). You will also learn to design, deploy, and manage Windows® 8 Enterprise applications in a physical and virtual environment and in the cloud. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises, have previous experience working with operating systems running Windows Server, have their Windows 2012 Server certification (MCSA), and have taken course 20413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure or have equivalent skills.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Authorised test centre: exams taken at our premises
- More hands-on: 6 weeks remote access included
- Expert trainers: imparting real world experience
- 2,500 to 50,000 or more users
- Multiple physical locations and multiple domain controllers
- Network services and resources such as messaging, databases, file and print, firewalls, Internet access, an intranet, and client computer management
The attendee should have:
- Experience supporting Windows 8 client desktops and deploying and managing applications, both physical and virtual.
- An MCSA and 20415B or equivalent knowledge.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge, and should:
- Have solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Have a solid understanding of Windows and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), for example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- Understand how to use scripts and batch files.
- Have solid understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- Be able to perform a clean installation of Windows 8, upgrade to Windows 8, and migrate user-related data and settings from Windows XP.
- Be able to configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable Windows 8 to function as desired.
- Be able to configure and troubleshoot permissions and other settings to allow access to resources and applications on Windows 8 systems.
- Be able to configure settings to enable network connectivity.
- Be able to configure and troubleshoot a wireless network connection.
- Be able to configure and troubleshoot Windows 8 security.
- Be able to configure mobile computers and devices.
- Understand the client administration capabilities of Windows Server and be familiar with management tools such as the Microsoft System Centre suite of products.
- Understand the concepts of deployment, packaging, and imaging.
- Have a familiarity with SQL Server concepts.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 20410B: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 20411B: Administering Windows Server 2012
- 20412B: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 services
- 20415B: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
- Microsoft 70-416
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
- Design an application distribution strategy that is appropriate for an organisational environment.
- Diagnose and remediate application compatibility problems for desktop and presentation virtualization-based deployments.
- Use Group Policy and Windows Intune™ to deploy applications to client devices.
- Deploy applications centrally using System Centre 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Configure self-service application deployment using System Centre 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, System Centre 2012 Service Manager SP1, and Windows Store apps.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support presentation virtualization.
- Prepare, deploy and manage applications for Remote Desktop, RemoteApp, and Remote Desktop Web Access.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support application virtualization.
- Virtualize and deploy applications by using App-V and System Centre 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Plan and configure the appropriate infrastructure to streamline the deployment of software updates to applications, and plan and configure application security.
- Plan and implement application upgrades, supersedence, and application coexistence.
- Monitor the deployment, performance, and utilization of applications and determine whether current application hosting platforms are meeting business needs.
This course is likely to add to the employment related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Determining Business Requirements for Application Distribution
- Overview of Application Distribution Strategies
- Diagnosing Application Compatibility Issues
- Evaluating and Implementing Remediation Solutions
- Resolving Compatibility Issues with the Application Compatibility Toolkit
- Deploying Applications by Using Group Policy
- Deploying Applications by Using Windows Intune
- Understanding Application Deployment by Using Configuration Manager 2012
- Deploying Applications by Using Configuration Manager 2012
- Understanding Self-Service Application Deployment
- Configuring Self-Service with Windows Intune
- Self-Service Deployment with Configuration Manager 2012
- Self-Service Deployment with Service Manager 2012
- Assessing Presentation Virtualization Requirements
- Planning Presentation Virtualization Infrastructure
- Deploying Presentation Virtualization Infrastructure
- Determining Presentation Virtualization Application Strategies
- Deploying Remote Desktop, RemoteApp, and RD Web Access
- Overview of Application Virtualization Models
- Deploying Application Virtualization Infrastructure Components
- Configuring Application Virtualization Client Support
- Sequencing Applications with App-V
- Deploying App-V Applications
- Planning Application Updates
- Deploying Updates With WSUS
- Deploying Application Updates by Using Configuration Manager 2012
- Implementing Application Security
- Planning and Implementing Application Upgrades and Supersedence
- Planning and Implementing Application Coexistence
- Planning and Implementing Application Monitoring Infrastructure
- Application Metering, Inventory and Asset Intelligence
- Monitoring Application Resource Utilization
Extensive labs are performed during the course
Microsoft 70-410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 20411 Administering Windows Server 2012
Microsoft 20412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Microsoft 20413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
Microsoft 20414 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
Microsoft 20415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
Microsoft 20416 Implementing Desktop Application Environments
Microsoft 10969 Active Directory Services with Windows Server
Microsoft 20461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft 20462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.