Java Foundations Course + Exam
Java Foundations Certification
The Oracle Java Foundations certification training course aims to help participants to build foundational knowledge in Java.
The Oracle Java Foundations training course covers Java coding, basic concepts of Java and programming languages.
Upon completion of the Java Foundations, certification training course candidates can attempt the official Oracle certification exam to get certified. Passing the Java Foundations certification exam demonstrates an understanding of Java programming language and Java concepts.
This course covers how to write and execute a Java program, working with the Java Development Kit (JDK) and the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Basic knowledge of programming languages
Candidates can achieve this certification by passing the following exam(s).
- Oracle 1Z0-811 – Java Foundations
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during normal business hours (excludes public holidays)
Java Foundations – Logitrain course material
- What Is Java?
- Describe the features of Java
- Describe the real-world applications of Java
- Basic Java Elements
- Working with Java Operator
- Working with the Random and Math Classes
- Using Looping Statements
- Arrays and ArrayLists
- Java Methods
- Java Basics
- Working with Java Data Types
- Working with the String Class
- Using Decision Statements
- Debugging and Exception Handling
- Classes and Constructors
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Java Programmers
- Candidates interested in becoming certified
- Identify the conventions to be followed in a Java program
- Use Java reserved words
- Use single-line and multi-line comments in Java programs
- Import other Java packages to make them accessible in your code
- Describe the java.lang package
- Use basic arithmetic operators to manipulate data including +, -, *, /, and %
- Use the increment and decrement operators
- Use relational operators including ==, !=, >, >=, <, and <=
- Use arithmetic assignment operators
- Use conditional operators including &&, ||, and ?
- Describe the operator precedence and use of parenthesis
- Use the Random class
- Use the Math class
- Describe looping statements
- Use a for loop including an enhanced for loop
- Use a while loop
- Use a do- while loop
- Compare and contrast the for, while, and do-while loops
- Develop code that uses break and continue statements
- Use a one-dimensional array
- Create and manipulate an ArrayList
- Traverse the elements of an ArrayList by using iterators and loops including the enhanced for loop
- Compare an array and an ArrayList
- Describe and create a method
- Create and use accessor and mutator methods
- Create overloaded methods
- Describe a static method and demonstrate its use within a program
- Describe the Java Development Kit (JDK) and the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Describe the components of object-oriented programming
- Describe the components of a basic Java program
- Compile and execute a Java program
- Declare and initialize variables including a variable using final
- Cast a value from one data type to another including automatic and manual promotion
- Declare and initialize a String variable
- Develop code that uses methods from the String class
- Format Strings using escape sequences including %d, %n, and %s
- Use the decision making statement (if-then and if-then-else)
- Use the switch statement
- Compare how == differs between primitives and objects
- Compare two String objects by using the compareTo and equals methods
- Identify syntax and logic errors
- Use exception handling
- Handle common exceptions thrown
- Use try and catch blocks
- Create a new class including a main method
- Use the private modifier
- Describe the relationship between an object and its members
- Describe the difference between a class variable, an instance variable, and a local variable
- Develop code that creates an object’s default constructor and modifies the object’s fields
- Use constructors with and without parameters
- Develop code that overloads constructors
Take the certification exam within 3 months of course / module completion
Take the official vendor certification exam at the Logitrain training center
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price. Our course has no extra costs
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.