IPv6 Fundamentals Design and Deployment (IP6FD) Course
IPv6 Fundamentals Design and Deployment (IP6FD) Certification
The IP6FD course covers key topics such as IPv6 Architecture, IPv6 operations, IPv6 routing, services, transitioning to IPv6, and deployment of IPv6 in organisation networks.
Case studies are embedded in the course curriculum for a better approach to practical learning. The course is delivered face-to-face in-classroom, through live virtual training, and can be delivered in-house.
- Training: get practical technical skills
- Receive a certificate of course attendance
- Small class size: increased instructor interaction
- Expert trainers: imparting real-world experience
There is no certification exam associated with this training course.
IPv6 Course Material
- Factors that led to the development of IPv6 and possible uses of this new IP structure
- Structure of the IPv6 address format, how IPv6 interacts with data link layer technologies and how IPv6 is supported in Cisco IOS software
- Implement IPv6 services and applications
- Updates to IPv4 routing protocols needed to support IPv6 topologies
- Multicast concepts and IPv6 multicast specifics
- The best transition mechanism for a given scenario
- Security issues, how security for IPv6 is different than for IPv4, and emerging practices for IPv6-enabled networks
- Standards bodies that define IPv6 address allocation and one of the leading IPv6 deployment issues-multihoming
- Deployment strategies that service providers might consider when deploying IPv6
- Case studies for enterprise, service provider, and branch networks
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Network Engineers
- Network Support Staff
- Network Architects
- Candidates preparing for Cisco certifications
- Explaining the Rationale for IPv6
- Evaluating IPv6 Features and Benefits
- Understanding Market Drivers
- Understanding the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
- Describing the IPv6 Header Format
- Enabling IPv6 on Hosts
- Enabling IPv6 on Cisco Routers
- Using ICMPv6 and Neighbor Discovery
- Troubleshooting IPv6
- IPv6 Mobility
- Describing DNS in an IPv6 Environment
- Understanding DHCPv6 Operations
- Understanding QoS Support in an IPv6 Environment
- Using Cisco IOS Software Features
- Routing with RIPng
- Examining OSPFv3
- Examining Integrated IS-IS
- Examining EIGRP for IPv6
- Understanding MP-BGP
- Configuring IPv6 Policy-Based Routing
- Configuring FHRP for IPv6
- Configuring Route Redistribution
- Implementing Multicast in an IPv6 Network
- Using IPv6 MLD
- Implementing Dual-Stack
- Describing IPv6 Tunneling Mechanisms
- Configuring IPv6 ACLs
- Using IPsec, IKE, and VPNs
- Discussing Security Issues in an IPv6 Transition Environment
- Understanding IPv6 Security Practices
- Configuring Cisco IOS Firewall for IPv6
- Examining IPv6 Address Allocation
- Understanding the IPv6 Multihoming Issue
- Identifying IPv6 Enterprise Deployment Strategies
- Identifying IPv6 Service Provider Deployment
- Understanding Support for IPv6 in MPLS
- Understanding 6VPE
- Understanding IPv6 Broadband Access Services
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Enterprise Networks
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Service Provider Networks
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Branch Networks
“We have helped thousands achieve Cisco Certifications, let us help you”
– Murad Tanvir, Double CCIE #17081
Get a certificate of attendance to prove your commitment to learning
Smaller class size provides a personalised learning experience for every student
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Practical scenarios are discussed for better understanding of the key concepts
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive real-world experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. Courses run subject to registrations.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Don’t Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.