Asset Management Essentials Training
Asset Management Essentials Foundation Course
BCS Foundation Certificate in Software Asset Management (SAM) Essentials follows the Software Asset Management (SAM) processes which are described in the ITIL. It is ideal for professionals involved in the management or procurement of software.
Logitrain offers the BCS Foundation Certificate in Software Asset Management (SAM) Essentials certification in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, in-house and live virtually.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Professionals interested in asset management
- Professionals interested in understanding the value of SAM practices
- Software asset managers
- IT asset managers
Software Assessment Management course material provided
Candidates can achieve this certification after passing the following exam(s).
- SHAM: BCS Foundation Certificate in Software and Hardware Asset Management
The certification exam can be registered and attempted within 3 months of course/module completion at Logitrain training centre on weekdays during business hours (excludes public holidays).
- Provides an introduction to SAM, SAM principles and the impact of SAM on organisations using it
- Describes the steps involved and the issues involved in preparing a business case for the introduction of SAM within an organisation
- Explains the roles and organisational responsibilities involved in the SAM processes
- Explains the SAM process framework and the scope and content of the processes involved within the framework
- Describes and explains the stages involved in the implementation of SAM within an organisation
- Covers the awareness, knowledge and use of SAM tools and techniques to support SAM processes
- The identification and preparation of SAM reports for distribution throughout the organisation as appropriate and the instigation of process improvements
- The appreciation and understanding of the interfaces and dependencies SAM has with other IT and Service Management processes
This course is likely to add to the employment-related skills of the participants. The skills developed are likely to be used in the course of being an employee or working in a business.
- Understand the activities involved in SAM
- Understand the development and evolution of SAM
- Describe the need for SAM and explain the principles involved
- Draw up a plan of approach to the implementation of SAM
- Understand the potential benefits, costs and problems associated with software and its usage
- Describe the organisational risks associated with software and its usage
- Describe and explain the special characteristics of software assets and software licenses, including legal situations, counterfeit software, software vendor activities and software compliance
- Review SAM processes, identifying potential areas of weakness
- Describe and explain the software supply chain and the role of the organisations involved
- Understand other software industry players including Standards (ISO/IEC 19770), anti-piracy organisations and SAM Partners
- Describe and explain the need for SAM and the considerations and the content of a SAM business case
- Obtain the appropriate information from the business and IT required to produce a SAM business case
- Assist with the production of a SAM business case
- Describe and explain the roles, responsibilities and accountability of the SAM processes and information
- Explain the need for defining and agreeing roles and responsibilities
- Explain the organisational factors that need to be considered when defining roles and responsibilities
- Understand the responsibilities required to carry out specific roles, e.g. audit, reconciliation work and contract management.
- Describe and explain the overall SAM process framework
- Describe and explain the stages in the lifecycle of software assets
- Describe and explain the SAM processes groups and processes contained within the framework and their content
- Describe and explain the policies and procedures required and their content
- Explain and justify the stages and activities involved in the implementation of SAM within an organisation
- Justify and initiate the implementation of SAM within an organisation
- Develop an outline plan for the implementation of SAM within an organisation
- Understand the different resource requirements between project and business as usual activities
- Explain the types of SAM tools and their usage within the SAM processes
- Define and evaluate criteria for choosing appropriate support tools.
- Justify, select and procure the appropriate SAM support tools and techniques
- Manage and maintain SAM information
- Identify the SAM related reports required throughout the organisation
- Produce regular and ad-hoc SAM reports and circulate these as required
- Define and report on the measurements, metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of SAM
- Analyse reports and take appropriate action, including the instigation of process improvements
- Identify and understand the interfaces that SAM has with other IT and Service Management processes
- Define and describe the dependencies of other IT and Service Management processes on SAM processes and information
- Define and document the dependencies of SAM on other Service Management processes and information
Get a certificate of attendance to prove your commitment to learning
This training course does not have any exam associated with it
Course material in hardcopy is included. Full-time classroom courses include meals
Mock tests included in full-time courses for 3 months from course completion
Our trainers are highly skilled with expertise and extensive hands-on experience
Relax, we will beat competitor’s advertised price in Australia. Our course has no extra costs
The supply of this course/package/program is governed by our terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before enrolling, as enrolment is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. The sale price is valid for registrations between 01 Dec and 10 Jan.
Find out why we are the leading choice to help boost your career in Australia
|Approachable and knowledgeable; comfortable surroundings. Logitrain does make IT training easier|
I recently followed the ITIL Foundation course at Logitrain. The training, materials and facilities were excellent and I would not hesitate to train with Logitrain again.
Thanks for a great week! Really enjoyed and feel I picked up a lot. Great Trainer! Will definitely look at further studies here.
Well-presented and able to convey immense knowledge to class. All queries were responded to promptly.
Excellent teaching method, easy to understand.
Logitrain provided a valuable insight into ITIL and enabled me to excel and advance my knowledge through a simple and well organised series of sessions.
Great place to study for certification, knowledgeable persons, excellent customer service. Ready to answer queries on the spot, very helpful.
The trainer was very patient and gave everybody the opportunity to participate.
The trainer explained everything very well. Logitrain was very helpful for me in getting a better overall understanding of CCNA. I previously had studied it 2 years earlier but required revision
Over 1000 organisations have relied on Logitrain to be their trusted training partner.
Dont’ Wait. Fill the form for a free no-obligation information session with our course specialists.