The Windows 8.1 is a useful upgraded version of the windows 8 operating system. There are a lot many features in the new version starting from small key commands to hidden menus. So, let us list some of the tips and tricks we can find in windows 8.1 :
- One click access to multitools:The Start button which was there in windows 7 has been reintroduced in windows 8.1. The Start button was removed in Windows 8. Left clicking the start button it takes it to you the Start Screen where you find the most used or your favourite features. The right click of the button takes to the Quick Access menu which consists of features such as File Explorer, Task Manager, Control Panel, Run command Prompt Device Manager and many other useful tools.
- 1 Boot to Desktop: When we sign in to the computer by default it takes us to the Start Screen by default. There is also a way to directly reach the desktop bypassing the Start Screen. But this feature has to be activated manually by Right clicking on the Desktop Toolbar, select Properties and go to Navigation Under the Start Screenenable the option which says “When I sign in or close all applications on a screen, go to Desktop instead of Start”. Click apply and then OK.
- Uninstall Unused Apps: This feature allows to select multiple apps and can select them to uninstall at the same time. For this, we need to right click on the Start Screen, then go to Customiseand Tick Apps we want to uninstall.
- Smart Files:In this feature, we are able to view the SkyDrive Files without having to download everything on the computer. In the SkyDrive folder, there is a column called Availability. By default, the files listed over here are shown as Online which means if you are connected to the internet then you will be available to view the contents of the file without downloading them on the computer. If you want to select a particular file to appear as Offline, then you can right click on the file and select “Make available offline” option.
- Find Missing Libraries:By default, Windows 8.1 has hidden libraries where all our Music, Photos, Videos and more are kept in virtual folders from the hard disk. So it is possible to restore those libraries by going to the File Explorer. Select View > Navigation Pane > Show Libraries. All our old libraries will now be visible.
- Smart Search:This feature helps to search not only locally but also goes out to the web page via Microsoft Bing search. You need to press Windows key + S to open the search pane and then start searching.
Info about Microsoft Exam