Cable management is the way a cable network is organized and set up so that it is easily identifiable and can be troubleshot when required. This helps in making future upgrades and repairs practically simple and gives a professional look. Lack of organization in cable installation could lead to health and safety risks for employees and the workplace. Managing cables have become easy due to various desks that come with built-in ability to handle cables.
There are some crucial reasons why taking care of cable installation and cable management is important.
- Efficiency: A high quality cable management not only provides employees easy access to the cables but to the device also they are connected to. Scattered and tangled cables from and to devices are difficult to maintain making it difficult to tell one wire apart from the other. This leads to decreased efficiency. So cable management involves organizing cables in the cabinet or installing them which makes it easy to work with cables later. It saves time and also lessens the problems associated while handling the cables.
- Safety: Fire is a major concern after installing cables. Loose and tangled cables have more possibility of forming a spark that can turn into a fire damaging your data center, network, and the building. Someone can also hurt themselves tripping or catching on the cables. So, it is required to maintain a clean and organized setup of the cables to reduce any chance of these accidents.
- Diagnosis: If the cables are loosely organized and not marked, it can become difficult to identify which cable is causing problems and to troubleshoot it. Having correct cable management makes it easy to troubleshoot the problem with the cable. This can be done by color coding the cables that can help to identify the cable and its purpose and helps to solve the problems down the line including helping in managing future additions.
- Air Flow: Abundance of airflow is an important aspect while installing the cables as it also increases energy efficiency. An increase in temperature causes damage to the cable jacket and does harm its functioning. So, it is required to keep the temperature low and consistent to benefit the cable and its performance. Tying the cables together in a bundle will open up space for airflow to the cables and hence will prevent temperatures from increasing in the neighboring cables.
- Save Money: Cable management along with providing a clean and organized workspace also extends the longevity and performance of the cables. Cables that lie loose on the floor or hang slack behind the device suffer damage from sagging and crushing which leads to the replacement of cables and more expenses. With the help of an organized system, you can save money without ever needing to replace the cables.
Call Logitrain on 1800 159 151 today.