- Software development life cycle aims to produce high quality system which meets customer expectations. Works effectively and efficiently in current and planned information technology infrastructure and it is inexpensive to maintain and also cost effective to enhance.
- SDLC go through phases they are
- Requirement phase.
- Analysis phase.
- Design phase.
- Development phase.
- Testing phase.
- Deployment and Maintenance phase.
- Let’s discuss briefly about each phase in SDLC.
- Requirement phase:
Requirements are collected by Business Analysts from the customers as per the client’s business needs and documents the requirement’s in the business requirement specification and provides the same to development team.
- Analysis phase:
Once the requirement gathering is done next step is to define and document the product requirements and get them approved from the customer. This is done through software requirement specification document. Important people involved in this phase are Project Manager, Business Analyst and senior members in the team. Software requirement specifications are outcome of this phase.
- Design phase:
This phase consists of two steps
- High level design(HLD)
- Low level design(LLD)
- High level design (HLD) – It gives the architecture of the software product to be developed and is done by architects and senior developers.
- Low level designs (LLD) – It is done by senior developers. It explains how each and every product feature should work and also explains how every component needs to work.
- The outcome that we get from this phase is High level and Low level document.
- Development phase:
We start building of the software in this phase and also we start writing code for the product. The outcome from this phase is source code document and developed product.
- Testing phase:
When the software is ready, it is sent to the team. Once the Quality Assurance makes sure that the software is error-free it goes to the next stage which is implementation. The outcome of this phase is quality product and testing artefacts.
- Deployment and Maintenance phase:
Deployment is done by the deployment engineers. Once the customer starts using the software that developed the actual problem might arise so we need to fix them on timely basis. Maintenance must be done as per service level agreement.
- Types of SDLC models:
- V model
To learn Microsoft Certification