CompTIA which stands for The Computing Technology Industry Association is one of the oldest and most widely recognized certificates in IT. It is a fundamental level certificate that validates the skills needed for an entry-level job.
It is also a vendor-neutral certification which means this certification tend to advance your knowledge and skill base that is universally applicable. It is intended to validate the competency level of a computer professional in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting within a diverse operating environment, different devices and printers.
When an organization hires a person with CompTIA A+ Certification, they are looking not only for industry qualified individual but also a skilled worker that has the potential to increase productivity. Having the certification makes you more confident and capable in dealing with administrative tasks such as network connection issue, expanding the capabilities of your internal hardware and peripheral devices.
Many big companies like Dell, Intel, IBM, Nissan look for CompTIA A+ certification when hiring for jobs like desktop support, IT field technician, associate network engineer etc as the option are endless.
Few Key reasons are listed below
Why Do CompTIA A+ Certification
- No Prerequisites or Experience Needed:
- To get certified for CompTIA A+. Unlike many certificates, it does not have any mandatory requirement to obtain this certificate. This certificate will open the doors of opportunities for you in the IT job market.
- Being vendor-Neutral gives you a variety of options.
- It is widely supported in the IT industry and has a massive range of resources and courses you want to undertake.
- It focuses you on making the foundation of tech knowledge and to become close with the technical vocabulary that you might need on your career path.
- Get better paid at your current job or future job
- According to CompTIA: “IT professionals with certifications on their resume command better jobs, earn higher salaries and have more door open to new multi-industry opportunities.”
- IT jobs are one of the best paying jobs. Employers often tend to look for certifications among candidates to validate knowledge and experience through their certifications.
- CompTIA A+ exam is well respected and trusted among employers around the globe, helping you to land in your dream job.
- Gives you a chance to explore advanced courses
- IT offers numerous pathways for career growth and with the certifications, it helps you better understand and reach the next level of your career.
- With no prerequisites, you can undertake any advance certificate as you would gain most insight about the technology from CompTIA A+ certification.
Click here for CCNA Certification