A resume is a document used and created by a person to present their background, skills, and accomplishments to the job provider. Resume are prepared to secure new employment. A typical resume contains a brief of relevant job experience and education of the job applicant. It is usually one of the first items along with a cover letter which a potential employer sees regarding the job seeker to screen out the applicants followed by an interview.
The curriculum vitae (CV) are used for employment purposes in the UK, a shorter, summary version of one’s education and experience .In South Asian countries such as India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, biodata is often used in place of a reume.
7 creative ways to greatly improve our resume:
- Put sufficient Information : Our resume is our own personal promotional advertisement. It need to present sufficient information to sell our skills and experience that will determine whether we will be asked for the interview. Our resume is like a promotion flyer where the main purpose of a flyer is to give the relevant information to our reader. Our resume should highlight the most attention-grabbing and impressive and unique details about us. It should present our work and skills in an efficient fashion. A professional recruiter can tell in seconds if our skills match their needs. Thus in this extremely competitive market, it’s important that our resume and cover letter be specifically meshed toward a particular opportunity.
- Make a great first impression : The first section of our resume should clearly picture the value we will bring to our employer by getting hired. The headline and the summary section of the resume can emphasize the outstanding successes, experience, expertise and professional qualities that can be used to capture the reader’s superfluous attention.
- Select specific industry, businesse, or a discipline : We should customize each resume for each employer. We cannot send the similar resume to different companies for different jobs . Our job search should be specific and focus on the targeted areas in the industries or services sector.
- Highlight the expertise, capabilities, skills, and successes : We want to present our interests, experiences, skills, and achievements to our potential employer through our resume. Add obvious and essential qualities of ours to make ourself unique and impress the employer. A satisfying career requires understanding our interests, expertise and qualities.
- Improve readability : We should improve the readability of our resume by using the language that is comprehensive and understandable for the recruiter. Avoid using terms, phrases, and contractions unrecognizable outside of your workplace. Details on our resume should be easily and quickly gleaned and readable.
- Quantify the career, job, and work life accomplishments : We have to try quantifying and monetizing our career, job, work, and life accomplishments. Mentioning the numbers, dollars, and percentages instead of just describing our responsibilities. Quantify information like Sales, percentage of sales growth,new clienteles and new accounts opened.
- Resume length : We should be very specific about the length of our resume. With low work experience, write a one page resume. If we have seven years of experience working at different positions, our resume should be two pages.
List of Business Analysis Courses