Resume plays a vital role to describe about a candidate experience in a precise way. This will help employers to validate a candidate as a first step in the recruitment process.
It’s very important to have a well organised resume to better explain about yourself, your experience, capabilities, successes, and achievement for the employer to employer to consider as an eligible candidate for the job role that was advertised. In this article, we will detail on 7 tips on how you can improve your resume to better look and attract your recruiters.
- For any job opportunity that we apply, the first thing that goes to the employer is the resume. The way it is organised and written will leave an impression on the candidate. To make a great first impression, have a summary of your experience as a key note in your resume and a well described headline to give a glimpse of the continuing statements.
- In process of getting job, we tend to apply for the jobs that are appropriate to us. It’s important to customize the resume as per the job role to match the industry and business accordingly.
- Next thing comes in resume to highlight your qualities and capabilities that will stand you as unique and impress your employer. Outline your skills, successes, capabilities, and expertise as much as you can.
- Next comes, how good you present your resume. Use a standard font and size across the resume and make it look simple and easy. Avoid contradiction of statements within the resumes to avoid any confusions to the employer.
- Have a well explanation of your career and work life in terms of numbers instead of phrases and paragraphs, that will describe your responsibilities and seriousness at work.
- Try to highlight your accomplishments and the value you can add if taken into the job. You can present these in a bulleted point to makes these stand out.
- Try to have short resume rather 7 to 10 pages of story of your entire career. If you have 10 years of experience, try to show your resume to 2 pages with all experiences outlined. The more precise and short the resume is the more employers attract to it.
With all these steps if you can improve your resume, there is a possibility to get the job as thousands of jobs waiting on your pathway.
Learn about IT Job Program