In this age of fast moving, employer will have less time to review the resume. With the present Pandemic situation, we have more people looking for a job and recruiters would have more resumes for a same job. They will be working with lot of pressure and with limited time and high productivity. Usually recruiters use electronic scanning systems or simultaneously view few resumes at a time. We have only few moments of their time on our resume and hence our resume need to impressive, to the point and concise.
Here are the 7 ways which we can use in order to optimize the outcome of our resume
- Keep it to one or two pages: Keep your resume not more than two pages. If you have more experience like 6-7 years, then make it with in two pages. Otherwise with less experience make it a one page maximum. Recruiters do not spend more time on the resume and won’t read more pages you have included, which would be of no useful.
- Create impression in first third of the CV: Make sure you emphasise more on the first one third of the CV. Means prioritise your skills, experience and results and mention them in this section. Recruiters will not read more than one third if they are not impressed by then. Selling point is need to be in this section. You can literally fold the paper in to one third and focus on this part.
- Include achievements or accomplishments: Employers are interested in your achievements after all of your hard work. This would give them an idea how things progressed as a successive event. Use clear examples with measured outcomes.
4.Consistent format: Ensure entire resume has consistency in format which enhances the look, clean and easy to focus. Various Format styling would be – All heading should be Bold text with 11 points. Header 14-15 point, dates can be italicized. Use bullet points to write accomplishments to make them stand out.
- Measure your outcomes in figures, amount and numbers rather than vague statements like successfully implemented.
- Customize: Same resume cannot be used for all companies. Customize and focus the content with specific tools, domain related skills, achievements and exposure relevant to the company we are applying. Recruiters are interested in what you can contribute to them rather than your ability which are of no use for them.
- No need of Objective statement, References details: It is not required to write the Objective statement instead, utilise the space for writing a brief Career Summary in just a few sentences or it could be bullet points. This will give a preview of what is going to be.
Similarly, no need to Reference details available upon request only, as it is understood you will provide the referee and that can safe few lines to write more about achievements.
List of top IT Certification