Cover letters is the letter which provides introduction to your resume. The important role of the cover letter is to encourage your employer to read your resume. So many resumes are never read by employer as they do not have strong cover letter. Cover letter also demonstrate that your communication skills are so strong and effective. It is snapshot of your traits and your qualification. To write a good cover letter always follow following steps: –
- Customise your letter: – To write a cover letter always try to provide what employer is looking for. Try to differentiate yourself from the all other participants. Always focus on skills and traits which are written in job support description and link your skills and traits with those required skills. Employer will show interest if participant has same knowledge what they looking for the company.
- Add you details: – In the cover letter always address things properly. Add your address, email address, phone number and you can also link your LinkedIn id, this can demonstrate your professionalism. Try to add of the job which you are applying for. This can give you more specific look to your cover letter.
- Write about company: – If you are just writing about yourself then it will be very boring and out of date. Do something new. Try to do research on company’s achievements and working policies. When you will write the cover letter then write about your passion towards employer’s company and how you want to become a part of that company’s progress. This thing will surely effective because you are showing your interest and linking your work capabilities towards the hiring company.
- Include key words: – In the job description, if the employer is asking for some special tools knowledge then you should add that information in the cover letter. For example, if employer is asking about ITIL tool certification then you should add that in the first paragraph of the cover letter.
- Add accomplishments: – In this competitive world employers are scanning numerous cover letters on regular basis because they a candidate who has achieved something so, to fulfill that requirement you should add your achievements in the cover letter. This step can increase more chances to secure the interview.
- Concise: – Cover should be concise and clear. It should be two to three paragraphs long. All the important information should be in resume. Cover letter should have one small summary of about your knowledge and accomplishments. It is more like a small prototype of aeroplane which can describe the all functions in detail but it can provide a demonstrative view to the employer.
- Add links: – If you want to make your cover letter more effective then you can add hyperlinks of your previous work place or other things. It can make things quicker and easier for your employer.
In the nutshell, cover should be precise and more valuable to add more value to your resume.
List of top IT Certification