CCNA is one of the best IT security certifications. It proves an individual ability to operate, configure, and troubleshoot switched and routed networks.
The CCNA exam includes 50-60 questions that need to be solved in 90 minutes. So, you have to be well prepared to answer so many questions in a short time frame. Some of the tips and tricks to help you study and prepare has been discussed below.
- Explore objectives: It is important to familiarise with the topics and make a checklist to ensure that you need to cover those. Without having a list, you may skip a topic or two that may come up in the exam.
- Design a study plan: Once you know what topics you need to cover, make a schedule or study plan that works for you. Set realistic study goals and ensure that you got enough time to go through new concepts, work on assignments, review and retain what you have learned.
- Obtain suitable study materials: Having the right study materials for the preparation of CCNA. The official study guide for CCNA 200-301 exam comes in two volumes. For more understanding, you can also go for video courses or online learning forum. You can also use Cisco Learning Library who offers certification training and you can access real time content through a subscription.
- Take notes: Preparing notes while studying helps to focus, promotes active learning, and boosts knowledge retention. Writing down notes increases the attention span and makes you organised and creative.
- Have a practical experience: To clear CCNA exam, you need to be good at both theoretical and practical knowledge. Using your theoretical knowledge in the real world helps to clear the doubts before you go for the exam. Enroll in an official training where you can have hands on practise with real Cisco products and get a better understanding of topics like routing, switching and troubleshooting network issues.
- Practise tests: After you have completed studying, it is time to practise what have you learned. Varied online platforms provide practise questions that can help you to assess your exam readiness and provide you with tips to how to approach the questions in exam.
- Be consistent and take breaks: If you are a job holder or full time student, commit every day some time to study every day. For example, keep aside 1 hr for study and 30 min for lab practise. You may increase the time limit as your schedule permits. It is also important that you take rest as an over fatigued mind won’t help to study for a long period of time. Take 5 min breaks in between, it makes studying for 1-3 hrs easier.
Info about Cisco Exam