MCSA certification is required to show potential employers that the applicant possesses the core technical skills they require. The following are tips which can help you to study for the MCSA certification exam.
- Have a grasp of Exam Content: Microsoft exams are very detailed and designed to test your knowledge. So you need to study deep in a detailed manner and cover all the topics provided by Microsoft. To start with know the objective and sub-objectives of the exam through the exam descriptions provided by Microsoft. The sub-objective will cover skills that you are most likely to get tested on, so go through that until you are comfortable with it.
- Study Materials: Study from the right and legitimate sources that is provided by Microsoft. You can find materials from online resources, forums where people have previously taken the exam, or Microsoft as it publishes its companion content online.
You can also take formal training from a certified trainer or training company who can help you to get acquainted with the objectives in the exam and prepare you for it.
- Take Notes: There is a famous saying,” If in doubt, write it out”. Making technical notes while studying for the Microsoft certification exam could be very helpful. It helps in studying in an organised and detailed manner.
- Practice using Technology: Executing the theoretical knowledge into real life gives you insight into how the tasks function. In the exam, hands-on experience may not come into use but it may help you to understand the functionality.
Since it is not possible to have access to technology to experiment with, one can take a course from Microsoft certified training company where you can test your knowledge in the lab environment. You can also sign up for a free trial account with Microsoft products like Azure, SQL Server, Dynamic 365, and Windows to get familiar with them.
- Take Practice Tests: To get prepared for the certification exam take the practice exam first and treat them like real exams so you understand how to approach the questions. If you go wrong while solving the practice questions, you can work on your area of weakness and overcome it.
- Establish Study Routine: Create a study plan and prioritize your study time so that you don’t revolve around the same thing daily and eventually become unprepared for the test. Make a routine or schedule time so that you can give undistracted attention to your learning.
Info about Microsoft Exam