Office 365 is Microsoft’s productivity suite that integrates all tools that are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, Outlook, Publisher, Sway, and Access into a cloud based service. The applications complement each other and work together seamlessly. It adds Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams as a communication and collaboration application. Office 365 is becoming increasingly popular due to its ability to steer productivity, the return of investment, and corporate success.
The reasons why Office 365 is so popular is discussed below.
- Access Files from Anywhere: If you have a working internet connection then you will be able to work from anywhere as Office 365 allows your organization to store all the files in the cloud. It is helpful when a company got remote employees in multiple locations or have employees who travel often and need access to the data.
- Secure Cloud Storage: It got built-in security and continuous compliance which helps to keep your company’s data safe in cloud storage. Some of the security features are –
- Message encryption – It keeps anyone other than the intended from reading your emails.
- Advanced threat analytics – It is a unique feature that uses analytics and machine learning to detect and alert you to suspicious behaviour on the network straight away.
- Mobile Device management – It allows you to secure and manage Office on employees’ mobile devices to protect company information.
- Data loss prevention – It helps to identify, monitors emails, and prevent sensitive information from leaving your organization.
- Predictable Spend: It is a subscription based service which means paying per user, per month gives you a predictable amount spend and helps your finance team to plan a budget much easier.
- Business Continuity: In Office 365 all the files and data are stored in the cloud and regularly backed up. In case of any disaster no matter what happens to your physical devices, your emails, files, and data are safely stored in the cloud and can be recovered using the recovery feature.
- Centralised Collaboration: In all organizations, working in teams is the way most businesses operate. So, the collaboration features of Office 365 allows you to share mailboxes, calendars, contacts, and edit documents in real time. Any team member who wants to contribute or modify a particular document, spreadsheet, presentation, or anything else can work on the same version of one user who has created and receives real time changes.
List of top IT Certification