Most people would have used at least one Microsoft Office application in their lifetime. Some of the applications Office include are Word, Powerpoint, Excel, OneNote, and more. Over 1 billion people on this earth use at least 1 of these applications.  Considering there are around 7.6 billion people on this earth, that is an insane number!
Let’s have a look at what benefits each of these applications have to offer. Starting off with Microsoft Word.
Word was first founded in 1983. In 1989, the first Windows version was released which had an improved user interface. Finally, In 1990, Word started to gain popularity. Now, why exactly is Word still so popular today?
- It is available from pretty much anywhere. The majority of PCs have word installed on them. For example at work, home or school. You can start a document from home, save it to a USB, take it to school, open it, and continue to work on your document!
- If you need to work on a document as a group for work or school, all members can work on the document at the same time and see real-time changes.
- Very simple easy to use user interface even if you aren’t a tech-savvy person. The navigation pane at the top of the screen has images that you can hover over and see what exactly the function does.
- Automatic grammar checks, if you make a typo or a grammar error, the mistake will get underlined and Word will offer suggestions on how to make it better. Word wants to help your work be the best it can possibly be.
Like Word, Powerpoint is also one of the popular applications that Office has to offer. Why is Powerpoint so popular?
- Like Word, Powerpoint is also one of Offices very popular applications meaning it is already available on many PCs.
- Powerpoint also offers Live Collaboration
- Although 89% of people use PowerPoint to create presentations , it can also be used for other purposes such as fliers, CVS, brochures, etc.
- You can attach multiple different formats. For example, an image, video, audio, or gif!
Microsoft Excel was first released in 1987 and is mainly used to organise data through spreadsheets. Excel is very popular in businesses because of how easy it is to use and how visual it is. What are some benefits that Excel has to offer?
- Need to make calculations such as addition, subtraction, etc? Excel has the ability to do it for you! There is even an ‘Autosum’ feature where you won’t need to type the equation out manually every time.
- An Excel worksheet can support a whopping 1,048,576 rows and 16,384 columns of data! 
Last, but not least, moving on to one of the not-so-popular applications (well compared to Word, Powerpoint, and Excel that is!). Microsoft OneNote was released in 2012, and has the main purpose of acting as a ‘digital notebook’. If you need to capture a bunch of ideas, things to do, or things to remember, OneNote is the application for you. What does OneNote offer?
- OneNote can store information so it needs security measures put into place, which is exactly what it has. It secures sensitive information through encryption.
- Simply download the OneNote app on your phone! You have the option to handwrite notes, or even scan handwritten notes that will automatically be converted to text, while you’re on the go! Did you come up with an idea on the train while on the way to work? Note it down. On the way to the beach and come up with an amazing idea? Note it down. So easy and efficient!
Info about Microsoft Exam