We must pass the authorized exam(s) to become Microsoft certified. Microsoft certifications are categorized into desktop applications (end-user / business user) and technical programs. Microsoft advises the best way to prepare for a certification exam is by having hands-on experience with the technology. Earning a Microsoft certification reflects our commitement to keep pace with today’s technology. Microsoft certification helps us to skill up, prove our expertise to employers and peers, and get recognition and advancement opportunities.
Microsoft is a world renowned corporation for Windows operating systems and Office software. However, its broad product portfolio includes online services (Bing, MSN, advertising), gaming (Xbox 360), hardware (tablets, PCs, keyboards and mice) and more. Moreover, it has a sizable certification program that produces qualified administrators and technicians to support Microsoft system and application products.
Microsoft Certificate shows a person’s competence in a specific IT role related to Microsoft Products that results in all kinds of work-related and personal benefits. Having a Microsoft certifications increases the chances of landing a job (or getting a promotion) for an individual. Over 80% of hiring managers report that IT certifications are medium to high priority in hiring decisions.
The Microsoft Certification Program is divided into seven major categories namely Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Mobility, Data Management and Analytics, Productivity, App Builder, Business Applications and Core Infrastructure. Certifications within the Microsoft Certification Program include the credentials like Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS). Azure and Microsoft 365 developers, administrators, and solution architects are Microsoft’s recent releases on role-based certifications.
Passing our first qualifying Microsoft certification gives us a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) status. This status get us the MCP designation on our Microsoft transcript that provides access to a benefits and exams dashboard, certificates and transcripts, downloadable certification logos and promotional offers. However, only the MCSA, MCSD and MCSE qualify as MCP certifications. No MTA or MOS qualify for MCP status. Microsoft offers special credentials like MCT ( Microsoft Certified Trainer ) and MCE ( Microsoft Certified Educator ) to those interested in teaching others about Microsoft technologies and products.
– Microsoft Cloud certifications includes a blend of MTA and MCSA credentials.
– Microsoft Mobility certifications is a track of MTA, MCSA and MCSE certifications.
– Microsoft Data certifications blend the MTA, MCSA and MCSE.
– Microsoft Productivity certifications includes MCSA and MCSE certification aong with Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
– Microsoft Business Applications certifications include MCSA and MCSE certifications with two MCSA options: MCSA Microsoft Dynamics 365 and MCSA Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations.
– Core Infrastructure offers a single credential focused on core infrastructure : MCSE Core Infrastructure.
– Microsoft Trainer and Educator certifications contains MCT: Microsoft Certified Trainer and MCE: Microsoft Certified Educator. Candidate who want to teach others about Microsoft technologies and products should consider the Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) certification, whereas, the Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) credential is aimed at educators in colleges, universities and training facilities.
Info about Microsoft Exam