First of all what is manual testing? Manual testing is a software testing activity where testers test software manually without automation tool. The purpose of manual testing is to detect bugs or error in software where you cannot find with automation tool. Manual testing not require of any prior knowledge in testing. In software testing it is noted that “100% Automation is not possible”. (Thampy, 2020)
Manual testing job requires more experience than the automation testing, as manual testing is in more detail, time consuming, and require more knowledge. To get into the testing field, one needs to be more patient.
Steps to perform manual testing:
- Analyzing user requirements from the software specification document.
- Create a test plan
- Write test cases according to the requirements
- Design test environment, and create test procedure
- Review test cases
- Execute test cases
- Report the defect, if any defect found
- Once the defect fix, run the test again and verify the defects.
Click here for MCSE Certification