Cisco 800 series routers are small but serves the purpose of small scale businesses with built in security via Encryption, VPN, firewall and URL filtering will help to protect the customer data from hackers.
These routers are designed to get voice, video, wireless and data in one router and switch with no much of hardware maintenance. With the simplified management console allows user to manage the application with the drag and drop capability and provides capability to integrate any third-party web applications for management.
In spite of all these features, these devices are not comprising on performance. These devices are known to be small devices with high performance and high application access.
With the numerous features and capabilities that these devices offer, one can select the appropriate model depending on the business needs.
Below is the list of models available in market for 800 series Cisco routers. Post which, continuing with the high-level details on level of features offered by these devices.
- 890 Series
- 880 Series
- 860 Series
- 810 Series
- 800M Series
Cisco 800 series features
- 890 Series – This model incorporates router and switch in one device and have capability to run multiple applications in one device. It has the high performance by which it provides user with a high application experience. With the enhanced capability, it provides support for 802.11a/b/n and 4G LTE.
- 880 Series – This device will allow 20 users to complete at a time and excellently supports voice via. PBX and IP telephony. It incorporates enhanced security via encryption, VPN, Firewall, URL redirect, and wireless access with WAN redundancy with 3G and 4G options.
- 860 Series – This device will allow connectivity with a limitation of 10 users with an option of integrated Wi-Fi for WAN or Wi-Fi at home. It has the capability to leverage WAN connectivity via VADSL or Ethernet. And it’s designed-on desktop form factor and fanless design.
- 810 Series – This model is a lightweight device and very compact. This device is known for low power consumption available with hardened and non-hardened form factors. It has the dual sim capability for always on-connectivity. It’s ideal for machine-machine use cases.
- 800M Series – This model is designed for high availability multihoming and dual ports. With the integrated security and application services, its capable of hosting application and running on high performance. This model also gives us choice for wireless WAN services and providers.
Info about Cisco Exam