Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification represents the standard of AWS cloud expertise that an individual obtains after passing one or more exams the cloud service provider offers. IT professionals can gain AWS certifications to express and validate their technical cloud knowledge and skills.
AWS currently offers twelve certifications among which there is one foundational, three associate-level, two professional-level, and six specialty certifications. Let’s what the certifications are about.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (Foundational): It is an entry-level certification that is designed to test a candidate’s overall understanding of the AWS cloud.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect (Associate): It is designed so that a candidate can express its ability to design, manage, and implement applications using the tools and services of the AWS platform. This exam is meant for those who already have some experience in designing distributed applications.
- AWS Certified Developer (Associate): This exam comprises of developing and maintaining AWS-based applications. The candidate will be required to write actual code to access AWS applications from your business applications using AWS software.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (Associate): This certification specifically targets system administrators and it requires both conceptual knowledge and technical expertise of the operational aspects of the AWS platform.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect (Professional): This certification requires a high degree of technical skill and experience in designing AWS-based applications.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional): This certification exam is about provisioning, operating, and managing applications on the AWS platform as it focuses hugely on continuous delivery and automation of processes.
- AWS Certified Data Analytics (Specialty): This specialty certification is designed for those who have a background in data analytics and experience in using AWS services for designing and architecting solutions for big data. This exam validates a candidate’s experience in extracting value from data using AWS services.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking (Specialty): This certification validates the candidate’s skill and experience in performing complex networking tasks on hybrid IT networking architecture and AWS at scale. Candidates must have experience in architecting and implementing network solutions and advanced knowledge of networking on AWS.
- AWS Certified Security (Specialty): This certification is designed to validate candidates AWS knowledge across security topics such as identity and access management, data protection and encryption, infrastructure security, incident response, monitoring, and logging.
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder (Specialty): This certification validates your technical skill in creating, testing, and deploying Amazon Alexa Skills. Candidates must have six months’ prior hands-on experience building Alexa skills using Alexa skills kit and be good at programming language.
- AWS Certified Machine Learning (Specialty): This exam validates your expertise to create, implement, and maintain machine learning solutions for a wide variety of business problems. The candidate needs to have one or two years of experience in using ML on the AWS cloud.
- AWS Certified Database (Specialty): For this certification, the candidate should have at least two years of experience working with NoSQL, AWS Cloud-based, and on-premises relational databases. This certification validates your all-inclusive knowledge about all AWS database services provided and how to bring value to the business through optimized database architecting and integration.
For More info Click here