Projects in Controlled Environments version 2 (PRINCE2) is a structured project management method and practitioner certification programme that emphasises dividing projects into a manageable and controllable stages. The method provides a common vocabulary for all those involved in a project which helps effective communication so that participants understand each other’s roles and needs. PRINCE2, however includes defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication. It is compatible with all project management certifications that provide technical structure of the framework for the project.
PRINCE2 certifications is awarded by AXELOS, that require the user to undertake a training course (online or in person) with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) followed by an exam. AXELOS requires that any organisation providing official PRINCE2 training must be approved the accreditation process in order to validate the quality of the course content and delivery.
- Build and Improve Project Management Skills : A major reason to pursue a PRINCE2 training also confers the most-obvious benefit: a much-improved Project Management skillset. With PRINCE2, professionals can learn and begin to deploy better, more efficient Project Management skills. They will learn the common methodology, terminology, framework, systems, and procedures used by a large number of project managers. They will also learn all the necessary skills needed to successfully plan, initiate, monitor, manage, and execute projects. PRINCE2 offers greater flexibility and versatility.
- More a Methodology than an Instruction Manual : PRINCE2 lays greater emphasis upon the set of Project Management principles it encompasses. It halts to follow an instruction book with a rigid set of rules.
- PRINCE2 explains all the processes and stages of a project and the roles and responsibilities associated with the project to make sure we really understand all project principles and processes and how to manage them. Having a PRINCE2 certification will help us be able to easily tailor all our projects to suit our needs and closely oversee all the projects we manage.
- Easy to Start : The time commitment to prepare, the costs involved, and the disruptions into areas of our professional life are crucially important factors to consider when choosing to pursue a certification. PRINCE2 offers a real Project Management certification without committing ourself to a huge amount of training time and high costs through its PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
- Fast Certification : There is no time consuming and complicated registration process involved in PRINCE2. Once we have completed the training, all we need to do is take the exam with our training provider or take a public exam.
- PRINCE2 certified project managers are among the most prized IT professionals in Europe.
- Global Recognition : PRINCE2 certification is globally recognized. It is today the de facto Project Management standard in many parts of the world including USA, Asia, and Africa. Governments, public and private sector companies all over the world use PRINCE2 as its popularity continues to grow around the world.
- Fits Best with Many Organizations : PRINCE2 roles and responsibilities can be clearly defined and shared within the project organization.A Project Manager obviously always plays an important role in a projects success or failure but he is not the only one to blame if things go wrong within a PRINCE2 project.
- Not Limited to Any Single Industry : PRINCE2 is not tied to any specific industry or organization type,in any industry and in projects of any scale. This expands our possible areas of project work widely.
- Proof of Certification : Its very easy to demonstrate proof of certification with PRINCE2 as all PRINCE2 certification holders are entered in the official PRINCE2 Successful Candidate Register from the certification body APMG International which can be checked online by anybody. There is no need for sending in documents and copies of PRINCE2 certificates during a job application process.
- Easier and Cheaper to Get Other Certifications :
PRINCE2 is an independent certification for project management. But getting the certification will qualify you for exemptions when studying for other certifications related to project management and beyond.