CompTIA A+ is the starting point of the career in IT field. The objective of this course is the understanding of computer hardware and software. CompTIA A+ certification is a entry-level certification for computer service technician and an in-depth understanding of security, safety and communication issues while building/trouble shooting the PC. CompTIA A+ candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve a wider variety of issues, ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
CompTIA A+ certification is a combination of 2 exams of 220-1001 and 220-1002. After passing these two exams we will get the CompTIA A+ certification. Unlike other certifications, CompTIA A+ covers a wide range of topics required for many technicians want it today.
CompTIA A+ prepares candidates for the following roles:
- Service desk analyst
- Help desk technician
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician
- Associate network engineer
- Data support technician
- Desktop support administrator
- End user computing technician
- System support specialist
CompTIA A+ is a performance-based certification that supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
- Configure, install and upgrade operating systems, including: Windows, Apple OS X, Linux, iOS, Android and Windows Mobile
- Install and image virtual machines
- Set up and troubleshoot peripheral devices
- Assemble and disassemble computing hardware
- Set up and support basic home and small office networks
- Implement cybersecurity controls appropriate to helpdesk and technical support roles
- Troubleshoot and support end-user access to applications and data.
CompTIA A+ advantages:
- Boost the resume
- Increase the knowledge
- Expand into the new field
Boost the resume:
Hiring managers mostly look at the education and certifications when checking the resumes. This is absolutely advantage of candidates who have the certifications.
Increase the knowledge:
CompTIA A+ certification shows we have the deep knowledge of computers and networks. Higher performance gives better job opportunities and higher pay.
Expand into the new field:
After getting the CompTIA A+ certification we can move to security + without the prior experience.
The CompTIA A+ certification tests on basic hardware installation, configuring, and troubleshooting.
Core 1 covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting. Core 2 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
CompTIA A+ certification course covers the following modules:
- Installing and configuring PC components
- Understanding mobile devices,printers,laptops and troubleshooting
- Configuring and troubleshooting networks
- Cloud computing and storage device maintenance
- Security concepts
- Securing workstations and data
- Implementing operating systems
- Troubleshooting the operating systems
- Safety and environmental concerns
- Securing operating systems
- Working with macOS and Linux
- Working with different operating systems
After completing the training, we can understand and familiar with configuring and troubleshooting the PCs,mobile devices,printers,computers. One good thing about CompTIA A+ certification is that it covers lot of topics about computer hardware and software. And we are eligible for many of the job roles.
CompTIA A+ covers many types of performance-based scenarios. These types of questions give better understanding of the topics with more explanation. Passing mark for 2 exams of CompTIA a+ are different. Pearson accredited test centers conduct the CompTIA exams throughout the world. If we pass core1 and core2 exams, will get the certificate.
Candidates want to start to learn from basics about the technology, this is the entry point for them to study. This gives the detailed idea about the hardware and software peripherals of computers. After this certification, candidates move to advanced level. If we achieve the advance level of certification, we will get better jobs with good pay rates.
List of top IT Certification