Business analysis plays a crucial role in any project. To perform the Business analysis, Business analyst are required in identifying the gaps between the real-time and the expected scenarios and fixing those. They play a critical role in the business analysis phase of the project, which is the heart of the project. If the business requirements are not very clear, there are more chances to lead the project into failure and can end into financial losses to the organization in future, to fix up those pre-existing problems or issues.
In present IT era, every organization understands the importance of the Business Analyst and offers a wide range of popular certification to get qualified as Business Analyst for a better career opportunity. Candidates who obtained certification will be highly paid in IT industry. By completing Business Analyst certifications, one can build skills in problem solving, leadership and improving processes in Business analysis.
The role of the Business analysis in any project is as follows.
- Requirement analysis phase is the initial phase of the project, where in the requirements are understood and documented. During the business analysis at this stage, requirements gaps are analysed and highlighted to fill up those gaps.
- Lead to perform the solution research or perform proof of concept(POC) to Identify the possible solutions and the areas of interest and allow to perform POC in process of researching the solution. As part of this phase, business analyst will identify for knowledge gaps and call out for training or fit in the right competency users.
- It’s important to document the technical and functional requirements for the developers. Business analysts play an active role in documenting and identifying the gaps to help the project
- Business analyst will also take up the role to lead the team and obtain the expected results by addressing all the gaps between different teams and let them work together by organising meetings and documenting the MoM and circulating on regular catch up.
- Upon performing all the steps to acquire the solution, they document the solution as a presentation and present it to the client for approval to go ahead.
To upskill candidates in Business analysis, there are number of Business analysis certifications offered that adds value to the candidates profile on completion. Below is the outline of the list
- ECBA (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis)
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional)
- CCBA (Certification of Capability in Business Analysis)
- CPRE (Certified Professional for Requirement Engineering)
- PMI- PBA (Professional in Business Analysis)