Agile methodology is an approach to the project management used for software development. It uses incremental, iterative work sequences called sprints.
In 1970, Dr. William Royce published a paper, in which he discussed about the managing and developing of big software systems. His presentation stated that a project can be developed same as a product on the production line. Each step in the software development should be completed before the next one starts. Developers must put all the project requirements together in the beginning, complete all its architecture and designs within following step then start writing the code. If developers study the strategy, they can find it most logical and useful solution to the software development.
The General Principles of the Agile Method are,
- Agile method proposes incremental and iterative approach to software design
- Agile processes will promote development that is sustainable
- Concentrate on delivering working software frequently
- The agile process is broken into individual models that designers work on
- Satisfy the client and continually develop software
- Developers and businesspeople must work together throughout the project
- Projects must be supported by the people who are motivated. Give them the proper environment and also the support that they require. they need to be trustworthy to get their jobs done
- Face-to-face communication should be the most effective way to transfer information to and from a team
- A working software could be the primary measurement of progress
- Constant attention to technical excellence and good design will enhance agility
- Self-organized teams usually create the most effective designs
PRINCE2 Agile methodology promotes a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation, a set of engineering best practices that focuses on rapid delivery of high-quality software, and a business approach that aligns development with customer needs and company goals.
IBM is one of the businesses that use the Agile method to develop software. They believe that a lot of Agile software development teams will increase their possibilities of success by partnering with a trusted guide. They assist clients to implement their own Agile software development strategies for their projects.
Agile Method helps companies to create the right product, instead of trying to market software before it is written. Which makes the product to be as competitive as possible within the marketplace. The ongoing change can sometimes give both the client and also the team more than their vision for the product.
The Agile Method really is a winning solution for everyone involved in software development.
For More info Click here