IT is a convincing career choice due to its flexible working hours and attractive salary packages. It even offers an opportunity to develop the technical skills and knowledge across the range of specialities.
Information Technology or IT Industry can be a rewarding career in every way; we need to get a hold on it.
If you have the required knowledge or skills, understand various simple ways to a foothold in the Industry, some of them are discussed below:
- Get education: Employers generally look for a candidate with a technical degree, who can prove that they have basic set of skills which are required to pursue a network career. Not all the jobs in this filed requires a degree. However, a person with a degree can expect better opportunity for advancement over the long term.
- Network: It is important to make contacts with instructor in the university or college, who have an experience in the field and can give an advice on different phases of this field of studies. Making a contact with a professional can help to get a heads up on job openings and can even provide a letter of recommendation.
- Get hands-on Experience: Dedication is required to break into the IT field. Try to learn about new software and upcoming technologies by taking technical hands-on, instructor-led classes, this will help you to enhance knowledge and skills. Then put all this knowledge into practical work, see if any of your friend working in an IT Industry needs any help with the basic task or any business-owner friend needs technical support.
- Start Small: Employers generally look for candidates, who are passionate about the field and working towards enhancing their skills and knowledge. Working as an Intern or accepting an entry-level role, demonstrate your interest in the field and willingness to learn more.
- Get Certified: Certifications help to gain the knowledge and skill sets required to achieve the experience and validate your skills to possible or current employers. In present-day economy, certifications are the most important tool for enhancing skills and career prospects. One of the key strategies for job-seeking in today’s world is to get certified. A relevant and sought after certification course will not just educate you in a specific field but will also give you hands-on experience and the confidence as well once you get certified.
- Develop Business Skills: It is important to develop your customer service and communication skills in an IT Industry. A professional, who can communicate well, enjoys a significant advantage in building his career.
I considered all the aspects for getting an IT job in Australia and after all searching I decided to undertake training and certifications at Logitrain to start my career. This is been one of the best decisions of my life as I have undertaken certification courses, internship, career counselling and as I had enrolled in IT guarantee 3 program, I got a job through Logitrain. I would highly recommend to follow the steps mentioned above and join Logitrain to build a successful career in IT.
This article was specially written for Logitrain as a Thank You by a Logitrain student.