The rise in Cyber-attacks has led to an increase in demand for cybersecurity experts, and there is a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals.
Data shows Australians are reporting security breaches every 10 minutes, and it costs Australia up to $29 billion each year. Cybersecurity ventures predict Cybercrime will cost the world $6 trillion by 2021.
These statistics depict that cybersecurity professionals are more in demand than ever before. It is predicted there will be 3.5 million vacant cybersecurity positions by 2022.
While a career in cyber-security can be stressful, it is also extremely diverse and rewarding. The responsibilities of a cybersecurity professional may vary, but the role can be simplified into just one function: protect data from being compromised.
It is the right time to jump and kick start a career in Cybersecurity. Contrary to popular belief, previous experience in cyber, technical background, degree or diploma in Cybersecurity is not a pre-requisite for starting a career in the Cybersecurity field. You do need commitment and dedication.
An IT degree is not a regulated requirement although helpful, to start a career in Cybersecurity, IT vendor certifications can fill in as a substitute for a degree or diploma.
Cybersecurity certifications can help you to gain relevant skills and knowledge quickly and sharpen your skill set in a short duration. Degrees and diplomas take a long time to complete, and usually by the time one finishes their education cybersecurity, or the IT security landscape has changed with different benchmarks and industry best practices.
IT certifications officially verify your skills, capabilities and expertise of your knowledge in the field. Validation of certificates by leading IT vendors not only provide an opportunity to gain new skills but also provide you with an added advantage in your professional career.
Cybersecurity certifications train individuals from fundamentals and basics and build expertise in the field to help to start a career in Cybersecurity with no experience. Not only it adds value to your resume but also depicts your level of dedication and perseverance to the field.
Here are the top 5 security certifications for IT professionals:
- CompTIA Security+ – CompTIA Security+ is a very popular entry-level IT security certification that IT professionals should earn. It provides the fundamental knowledge of Cybersecurity and hands-on ability to identify/address security vulnerabilities.
- CompTIA CySA+ – CompTIA Cyber Security Analyst+ is an IT certification that implements threat detection technique to network devices, aiming to prevent cybersecurity threats. Networks and devices are under constant monitoring resulting in enhanced visibility across the network.
- CompTIA PenTest+ – CompTIA PenTest+ is an intermediate level cybersecurity certification that focuses on skills through gaining penetration testing and vulnerability assessment skills. This certification helps the professionals to manage security vulnerabilities.
- Palo Alto PCNSA – This certification training course is a formal certification covering the detailed knowledge about the next-generation firewalls. This certification trains to deploy and configure the Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls effectively to securely enable traffic and prevent cyberattacks.
- Palo Alto PCNSE – The Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) certification is an advance level course designed for IT professionals with significant knowledge in Palo Alto Networks technologies. This course focuses on maintaining and troubleshooting of implementations based on Palo Alto Network platforms.
There are multiple cyber security certificates available.
Want to know more about training courses or interested in entering Cyber security field?
Check out our courses to find out which IT certification suits best for you contact Logitrain, call 1800 159 151, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our Cyber Security training and job placement program or visit our Cyber security training course catalogue at https://www.logitrain.com.au/courses/cybersecurity.html