CompTIA Security+ FAQs
- Why should I do CompTIA Security+ certification?
CompTIA Security+ certification is the international standard for validating the specific skills required to perform core security functions and to develop an IT security career. CompTIA Security+ complies of ISO 17024 standards which are authorised by the U.S. Department of Defence (DOD) to satisfy all criteria. This certification validates your knowledge for an entry-level security job.
- Is a CompTIA Security+ certification need for Cybersecurity field?The CompTIA Security+ certification is a key to enter in the cybersecurity field. This certification outlines the necessary skills required for any position in cybersecurity. Moreover, it provides a platform for intermediate-level cybersecurity careers.
- How long does it take to get a CompTIA Security+ certification?
This certification course usually takes up to 30 to 45 days of study for most of the people. In addition, it depends on training classes and study period.
- Which certification is better to get an entry in security file, CompTIA Security and CCNA security?
A CCNA security certificate is providing more knowledge according to vendor compliance. You can learn more in detail about cisco network security and integrate Cisco devices with network security protocols. Compared to Security+, it is considered a more real-world practical knowledge and real-world challenge certification. However, CompTIA Security+ certificate is a vendor-neutral. This is an entry-level certificate for the field of IT security. You will gain hands-on experience in IT security. Besides, you get some knowledge of network security, security for the server, physical security and access control.
- Is it worth getting CompTIA Security+ certification?
The certificate of CompTIA Security+ is valuable because it offers a fundamental understanding of network security. Moreover, the CompTIA Security + Certification ensure that you have knowledge of security personnel such as identify security threats and respond effectively to ensure safety which validates all industry internationally.
- How important is CompTIA Security+ certification?
In order to achieve entry-level IT security job, CompTIA Security+ validates the required security knowledge and expertise. CompTIA Security+ certification enhances your understanding of new technology, particularly IT security and threats at the professional level.
- Do I Need the Experience to Pass the Security+?
No, you don’t need any experience to pass CompTIA Security+ certification.
- What is the purpose of the CompTIA Security+ exam?
The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify you that you have knowledge and skills this required installing, configuring systems to secure networks and devices, threat analysis, different mitigation techniques, manage policies. The student will have expertise in confidentiality, integrity, and availability of a network.
- What is a prerequisite for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam?
There are prerequisites for CompTIA Security+. However, a student needs two years of experience working in networking, or CompTIA Network+ certification is beneficial.
- Does CompTIA Security+ certification mean anything?
CompTIA Security+ certification boots your career in the next level. This certification builds a path for various security jobs for you. CompTIA Security+ certification provides you with an in-depth understanding of network security fundamental.
- Is CompTIA Security+ hard?
CompTIA Security + Certification is not an easy test as it covers fundamental networking topics. This certification requires the student to spend their time learning the core aspects of CompTIA Security + and correctly understanding all topics through hands-on practice.
- Can I take CompTIA security+ before CompTIA Network+?
Yes, you can take an exam, but CompTIA recommended that after study CompTIA Network+ certification course, CompTIA Security+ will be easier to understand as it covers most of the topics from CompTIA network+.
- What CompTIA Security+ certification course covers?
CompTIA Security+ certification course covers to assess the security posture, monitor and secure hybrid environments, manage with awareness, Identify, analyse, and respond to security incidents.
- Can I give CompTIA Security+ exam without a degree or experience?
CompTIA Security+ certificate is an intermediate-level certificate. You can build your new career path as an IT expert using CompTIA Security+ certification without any prior experience or college degree. However, we recommended that student should have at least two years of work experience in an IT administration in security or CompTIA Network+ certification is helpful for this course.
- How CompTIA Security+ certification helps best for future in IT field?
Having CompTIA Security+ certification adds to the value of current and future workers because it strengthens your ability to clarify the security features of standard network devices and technologies in any architecture that you experience which is highly beneficial to almost any employer.
- What jobs will be needed in 2025?
According to Mary Kyle (2019), “IT security is expected to grow 28 per cent between 2016 and 2026, making this field an attractive career option”. CompTIA Security+ certification creates an opportunity towards your career path in the ICT security industry.
- What is the salary range of a CompTIA Security+ certified professional in Australia?
In all of Australia, CompTIA Security+ certified professional wage of up to AU$80,733. However, it more depends on a person’s work experience in the industry and also a specific region.
- Is CompTIA Security+ respected?
In all industries, the CompTIA Security+ certificate is globally accepted and valid. Any IT degree is not required for this certification, and your career in the ICT Security can be achieved.
- Do you deliver CompTIA Security+ training in my region?
Yes, in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, New Zealand, and online, we offer CompTIA Security+ training courses.
- Are the trainers of CompTIA Security+ expert?
Yes, we have expert trainers of CompTIA Security+ who are delivering training from many years.
- How long my certification valid?
CompTIA Security+ certificate is valid for up to three years from the date of passing of the exam. However, you have to renew the CompTIA Security+ certificate after three years.
- How can you recertify CompTIA Security+ certification?
To renew your CompTIA Security+ Certificate, you can participate in various events and training programs or get a CompTIA Higher Level Certification or pass the CompTIA Security+ exam again.
- Does CompTIA Security+ course include exam fee and resources for the exam?
Yes, we provide CompTIA Security+ training at our centre with exam materials, books and exam fees.
- Who will take the CompTIA Security+ exam and provide certification?
CompTIA Security+ certification can be obtained from the approved Pearson VUE Test Centre.
- How will long CompTIA Security+ exam take?
The CompTIA Security+ exam can take up to 90 minutes. Time can differ depending on the questions.
- After finishing my training course, how long I have time to take an exam with preparation?
After finishing your training course, you will have a 3-month voucher for the preparation of the exam and taking the exam.
- How much do CompTIA Security+ exams cost?
CompTIA Security+ exam cost is AUD 471.
- How much training cost for CompTIA?
CompTIA Security+ training costs depend on the mode of delivering the training and the training facility. The price of the training can be changed regularly.
- What kind of job can I get with CompTIA Security+?
CompTIA Security+ certificate will provide you kick-start your career in Security Engineer, Project Manager, Product Support Specialist, Cyber Security Operations Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer or Systems Administrator.
- What is CompTIA Security+ exam code?
CompTIA Security+ certification exam code has SY0-601.
- How many questions in the exam?
CompTIA Security+ exam has approximately 90 questions in the exam. It may vary.
- What is the passing score for each exam?
The passing score for the CompTIA Security+ exam is 750 (on a scale of 100-900).
- How many languages available for CompTIA Security+ exam deliver?
CompTIA Security+ exam delivers in English and Japanese.
- What type of question asks in CompTIA Security+ certification?
In CompTIA Security+ certification exam has different types of multiple-choice questions and performance-based questions.
- How many times can you take CompTIA Security+ exam?
CompTIA does not require a waiting period in the first and second exams for the CompTIA Network + Test. However, after you have taken the second test, you need to wait up to fourteen days from the date of the second exam.