The Cisco 3900 Series is build on the best in class offering of the previous Cisco 3800 series integrated services routers. Some of the models in Cisco 3900 series are the Cisco 3945E, 3925E, 3925 ISR.
The Cisco 3900 series has features such as embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice and video capable DSP slots, firewall, intrusion prevention, call processing, voicemail and application services. In addition, the platform supports the widest range of wired and wireless connectivity options such as T1/E1, T3/E3, xDSL copper, and fibre gigabit Ethernet.
The Cisco 3900 series offers superior performance and flexibility for network deployments from small business offices to large enterprise offices – all while providing industry leading investment protection.
Some of the key features and benefits of Cisco 3900 series are as follows:
- The Cisco 3900 series routers are capable of increased levels of services integration with voice, video, security, mobility and data services.
- The Cisco 3900 series provides the enhanced performance and slot densities in all the routers in the cisco ISR G2 series, gives you capability to maximise services integration and reducing overall expenditure and operating costs.
- The same Cisco IOS software universal image is installed on every Cisco ISR G2 routers. The universal image contains all of the Cisco IOS software technology sets, which you can then activate from a software license. With the universal image you can instantly deploy advanced features without need of downloading a latest Cisco software image. Additionally, larger default memory is provided to support the new capabilities.
- The Cisco SRE is based on a new operational model that enables you to reduce Capital expenses and deploy a variety of application services as needed on a single integrated compute services module.
- The Cisco 3900 series routers eases deployment in high-speed WAN networks with the services enabled up to 350 Mbps.
- MGF enables high-bandwidth inter-module communication without decreasing router performance.
- This series is designed to meet customer business requirements with the modular architecture offer increased capacity and performance as your network needs grow.
- The Cisco series with modular motherboard provides upgrades to processing capabilities in the future.
- Also, Dual integrated power provides power redundancy, you can also configure them to provide additional Cisco ePoE power to endpoint devices.
- Modular interfaces offer increased bandwidth and variety of connection options and network resiliency.