Whether you are considering for a career in Business Analysis without any prior experience or considering upgrading your existing skills or trying mastering the field, there are certifications for all levels.
Well, certifications should not be done just to improve your resume, though it helps in getting that extra edge. When you finally go for an interview or start working at a place, you should be able to do so effectively. So, a certification should be done with the sole interest of learning the new skills and understanding the concepts and not just passing the exams. Let’s see few Certifications which can help you add value to your workplace. I have referred BCS, which is the Chartered Institute of IT to provide the list of certifications offered by them, which are globally recognized. There are other institutes like IIBA and PMI-BA which are also equally popular.
They are usually divided into four categories:
- Foundation level: These certificates help the candidates to gain a brief knowledge about different concepts used in Business analysis as well as the tools and techniques used for effective business analysis. There are three certifications under this which cover the basic concepts about business analysis. There are no pre-requisites for taking up the certification as it is intended for people who want to understand the Business Analysis concepts. It is a closed book exam.
- Business Analysis
- Business Change
- Commercial Awareness
- Practitioner Level: These certifications explain the processes in detail and understand the core areas of Business Analysis. There are six levels of certification in this category and except the last one mentioned, there are no pre-requisites for this exam too. All these are open book exams and are based on business scenarios.
- Benefits Management and Business Acceptance
- Business Analysis Practice
- Data Management Essentials
- Modeling Business Processes
- Requirements Engineering
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Professional level: These are usually intended for people who want to grow in their profession and are recommended for people who have prior experience as taking up this exam will enhance your analytical skills, Business skills and Personal skills. There are seven exams which are a combination of multiple choice questions and scenario based questions and do not require any pre-requisites and is a closed book exam.
- Agile Business Analysis
- Business Architecture
- Data Analysis
- Benefits planning and Realization
- Business Finance
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Leadership
- Consultant and expert level: These are for people who are at the senior level and who have extensive business analysis experience. They have two exams under it and both of them require few pre-requisites and cannot be taken without them.
- BCS Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Expert BA Award.
Apart from these, there is also Agile Foundation certification which might be useful for a business analyst as many companies use Agile methodologies for their project and a basic understanding would be necessary to work in those projects.
As mentioned earlier, the certifications mentioned above are from BCS institute and might vary depending on the institute that is chosen.
Most of the professionals working as business analyst do not have the knowledge of the standard practices and tools that can be used to enhance their skills as they perform their tasks based on the business needs of a company. So gaining a certification will improve their knowledge and skills and help them in their career growth and provide better recognition in their field. Before selecting training, do check the content of the training provided and also check if the institute that provides the certificate is recognized.
Logitrain delivers the best Business Analysis Training Courses, for more information please visit www.logitrain.com.au or call 1800 159 151.