Business Analysis is a practice of enabling change in an organizational context, by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. Business analysis is a research discipline. It identifies business needs and determine solutions to business problems. The solutions often includes software-systems development component, but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change and strategic planning and policy development. A person who carries out all these task are called Business Analyst.
The business analyst executes deep research into an organization’s inner workings and finds ways to do things better. The business analysts must be good communicators in order to run work meetings, ask good questions, and gain actionable insights from the answers. They need excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills to help businesses work through internal challenges. They also must be good with data visualization so that they can both understand and clearly convey their findings to leaders.
Business Analysts are in high demand across a wide range of industries. For people who possess this skillset, it can be an exciting and rewarding career to pursue. There are a number of great online and face-to-face courses for those considering a career move into Business Analysis. Online courseworks are a great way to assess skills, train, and gain insights outside of certification. Business Analysis certification is highly prized in the industry. A right business analyst certification can greatly influence a hiring manager looking to fill a business analyst job.
Business Analysis helps struggling companies thrive and make good companies great. Using of business intelligence is just one of many business analysis techniques and it leverages technology to convert data into actionable information, which can then be used to make better business decisions. Although there are different role definitions, depending upon the organization, there does seem to be an area of common ground where most business analysts work. The area of responsibilities of Business Analysts appear to be:
- Investigating business systems and taking a holistic view of the situation. This includes examining elements of the organisation structures and staff development issues as well as current processes and IT systems.
- Evaluating actions and implementations to improve the operation of a business system. This involves the examination of organisational structure and staff development needs to ensure that they are in line with any proposed process redesign and IT system development.
- Documenting the requirements of the business for the IT system support using appropriate documentation standards.
- Investigating business situations
- Identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems
- Understanding requirements and ensuring the effective use of information systems in meeting the needs of the business.
- Last but not the least the business analysts want to create solutions, give enough tools for robust project management, improve efficiency and reduce waste, and provide essential documentation such as project initiation documents.
List of Business Analysis Courses