SEO stands for “Search engine optimization”. It is the process that affects the online visibility of a website in a web search engine’s result. These results are often termed as unpaid, natural, organic or earned results.
In general, the frequently opened website or high ranked website appears in the search results list, the number of visitors it will receive through the search engines are then converted into its customers.
SEO may target different kinds of search, including academic search, image search, news search, video search and industry-specific search engines. SEO differs from local search engine optimization as they are focused on enhancing a company’s online presence so that its web pages are displayed by search engines whenever a user search for its products and services. The earlier one’s are instead more engrossed on national or international searches.
As an Internet marketing approach, SEO contemplates how search engines work, information about different search performed by people, the data about mostly used search terms or keywords entered into search engines and which search engines are much preferred over others by the internet users.
There are several benefits of SEO such as
- Low cost results
Organic listings are basically free. When you are one of the top listed websites, you don’t have to pay per click or assign a budget for advertising. SEO decreases the need to have too many advertisements across the internet.
- Definite Increase in Traffic
SEO will provide you instantaneous results as soon as you initiate your SEO efforts, traffic will grow at a steady rate. Using traffic monitoring tools, you can clearly track the growth of traffic as more people frequently visits your site and you will notice tremendous increase in your sales.
- Saves you from Brand merchandising costs
People trust that you are a reputable company when you become one of the top listing’s on google, by using SEO, you own THE BRAND name for your website. You become one of the biggest competitors in your market. If your website obtains its place in top tier listing on google with other subpages listed under the main home page, your website gains a credibility that blocks ads. Ads are often annoying, and many people invest in ad blockers for their browsers.
- SEO offers better ROI (Return on Investment). The higher conversion rate is another benefit of SEO that can beat up any other form of marketing.
- SEO can bring thousands of visitors to your website every day. This will bring your company in a situation of expanding to a larger web server in order to accommodate the traffic and sales of your website. SEO is a life changing investment for your organization and could be take your business to the next level. There are million websites on the Web and SEO helps you stand out.
- You will get access to your customer data. You can discover the demand for new products by looking at what people are searching most for. Manipulating customer search data to your advantage can be exponentially beneficial for the growth of your business.