- Benefits of being a software tester are:
- Testers live at the intersection of environments, data, user requirements, business analysis, software development, and technical writing. Tester can learn an enormous amount about all these topics and show value to a lot of constituents.
- Our path to leadership is wide open. We have the opportunity to influence requirements, design, implementation, budget, etc. This influence can put in peoples mind that make decisions about promotions and leadership to give us more scope.
- Everyone can’t do testing. We need good analytical skills to become a Software Tester. For reporting and convincing others we need to be good at communication skills.
- It’s an old myth in the industry that one who can’t code can be a Software Tester. Record and playback days were gone. It’s an automation age. To automate the scripts an Automation Tester writes code.
- Tester can become Test Lead, Project Lead, Automation Architect and Test Manager Etc.,. We can also reach to a manager level.
- A software tester can switch to other companies without much consideration of the other companies’ technologies or industries (e.g., programming languages, internal tools). Experienced software testers are hired for their knowledge of the quality assurance processes and overall philosophy.
- A software tester can transition to a Business Analyst role more easily than a programmer. In a BA job, a widerrange of skillset is more useful than deeper skills in a narrow range.
For More info Click here